Add data to custom database

Home Forums Quform WordPress Add data to custom database

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    fidraman
    Participant

Hello there
    I’m not sure if this have been discussed yet as I didn’t found something about it, but I’m having some question about saving data to a custom MySql database as so :
    I have a form (6 field)
    I’v created a database in MySql and linked it to the form.

Now how it’s supposed to know wich field to save in wich database column ?
    and is it possible to update a previous entry in the database using the same form ?

Thank you.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

fidraman
    Participant

How much will the dev. will cost me please to add that function ?
    Thank you

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

fidraman
    Participant

Hey Ally
    Is it a simple work or it’s a serious thing ? as I don’t want to get an overpriced project on those website.

Ally
    Support Staff

Kelvin Lee
    Participant

Dear Ally,

I want to save the form data to my custom table also, I create the table in the same WP database with below statement

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS quf_reg (
      redID int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
      name varchar(50) NOT NULL,
      contatct varchar(50) NOT NULL,
      email varchar(50) NOT NULL,
      gender varchar(50) NOT NULL,
      age varchar(50) NOT NULL,
      ticket varchar(50) NOT NULL,
      address varchar(150) NOT NULL,
      timestamp timestamp NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
      PRIMARY KEY (redID)
    ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COMMENT='Table for QuForm external saving' AUTO_INCREMENT=1 ;

and I setup the custom database ( refer to the attachment ), sorry my form data fields are in Traditional Chinese, I am sure there is no problem to the Custom database settings (MySQL) as I copy and paste the setting from wp-config.php.

I try add new record but no data is saved to the custom table, do I need to do the step you mentioned in guide here, how can I do the debug and find the reason why the data cannot be saved?

Best regards,

Kelvin

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support

Hi Kevin,

You need to follow step 3 and 4 of this guide as well. Once done (or if already done), you can post your php here and I’ll be glad to have a look if it is still not working.

Regards,

Félix

Ally
    Support Staff

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy