adding large number of items in dropdown menu

Home Forums Quform WordPress adding large number of items in dropdown menu

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Ron King
    Participant

Is there an easy way to add a large number of items to the dropdown menu? In one case I need a country list and adding them one at a time would not be fun. I also need other lists with a large number of items.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Ron King
    Participant

That is so easy once you know how to do it. Thanks so much for your help. Ron

Ron King
    Participant

Now I have another question. I like the idea of the drop down menu, but I need people to be able to select more than one. Is there any way to to that?

I know is will work with the check boxed, but I would like to avoid needing to have a long list on the page. If there is a way to use that one and put it in a smaller container with a scroll bar on the side, it would be great. Or make the drop down menu accept multiple selections.

Is there a solution for me? Thanks again for all of your help.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Ron King
    Participant

Thank you very much – However 🙂
    I added the code and disable Uniform. When I hit preview when working on the form it works perfectly. But when I add the code to a page it no longer works. Any ideas? (I hope)

http://ecowb.org/a-test2/ “Your Areas of Expertise” and “Countries I Would be Interested in” are the dropdowns.

Thanks for your help. Ron

Ally
    Support Staff

Ron King
    Participant

Not quite fixed, this is so odd. The browser it’s not working on is Chrome. It works fine elsewhere, but there’s more, just to keep it complicated. It’s only on my Laptop that I have the problem. I just tried it using Chrome on my desktop computer and it worked fine. Next I opened it in Firefox on my laptop and it didn’t work, yet it did work on my desktop computer. I always find it scary when a program is inconsistent. Any ideas?

Ron King
    Participant

I tried to group the two areas where I am using the dropdown menu and decided I didn’t want to group them and removed the grouping. At that point the script ceased working. I re-did the script and now it doesn’t work in Chrome on either computer. It does continue to work in the other browsers however.

Ron King
    Participant

I know you’re busy. I hope I can hear from you soon.

Ron King
    Participant

I gather there is no solution to my problem. It is what it is. But please tell me if that is the case. I need to tell my customer something soon, and if I need to get another program and start all over I need to get with it right away. I just don’t want to do that in case you are working on my problem – that’s why I need to know.

I appreciate all of your help so far. 🙂 Ron

Ally
    Support Staff

Ron King
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me. I hit F12 and got a bunch of code showing, but know how to identify an error message.

I had one extension on my main computer that I disabled, and that was it. It’s an extension that probably no-one else in the world uses, and if I need it I can activate at that time. So that’s one down.

I disabled all extensions on my laptop, including the one mentioned above, and the drop downs still don’t work properly.

Ally
    Support Staff

Ron King
    Participant

No, you misunderstood what I said. The issues on both computers involved Chrome only. Everything works fine in all other browsers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy