Allow IDNs in Email-Validation

Home Forums Quform WordPress Allow IDNs in Email-Validation

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mdv
    Participant

Hi. Currently Quform seems not to allow IDNs for Email-Addresses. That’s rather annoying as there are users that are using such Email-Addresses in our setup. Any chance to get around that issue?

Thanks

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

mdv
    Participant

I’d love to use the RegEx validator, but I seem not to be able to add that to the Email-field. In the advanced settings I can only add an Email-Validator. There’s no RegEx-Validator available. What am I doing wrong?

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

mdv
    Participant

Great!

I’ve also found a way to validate IDN-emails thanks to http://sabel.bluegfx.de/tag/umlaute/.

function _validate_email($valid, $value, $element){
            $parts = explode('@', $value);
            if (2 != count($parts)) {
                $element->addError('hard to image an email-address without an @');
                return false;
            } 

if (! filter_var($parts[0] . '@' . idn_to_ascii($parts[1]), FILTER_VALIDATE_EMAIL)) {
                $valid = false;
                $element->addError('please provide a valid email-address');
            }
            return $valid;
        }

Only drawback is that it requires the intl-package in PHP…

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by mdv.
    Ally
    Support Staff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy