BCC Conditional Recipients

Home Forums Quform WordPress BCC Conditional Recipients

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Is there any way to set conditional recipients as bcc ?

Here is what i am trying to achieve:

I have 50 recipients. I do not want any of them to see the other email addresses.

10 of the recipients are only to receive an email based on the value of a drop down selection. The other 40 are to receive all the emails. I have put the 40 in the bcc and that works fine.

However when I setup the conditional recipients for the other 10 based on the dropdown selection they all see the others email addresses.

The conditional recipients will be changed every week or so.

If any advice could be offered on this it would be appreciated.

Just hoping someone could help with this.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Hi Ally,

Thanks for getting back to me, I created a plugin with the code you supplied and it sort of helped but now it sends multiple emails to people who are in the BCC (if more than one rule is created for the same value) and instead of displaying the email of the recipient it displays the email from the rule that was created.

Here is the scenario.

I have 50 email addresses. 40 of them are being added to the bcc field.

The other 10 are being added as follows:

3 separate rules are being created if “Audi” is selected to send to 3 different email addresses.
    3 separate rules are being created if “BMW” is selected to send to 3 different email addresses.
    4 separate rules are being created if “Ford” is selected to send to 4 different email addresses.

If I select one of the rules on the front end of the form, lets say “Audi” and send the form, it is displaying one of the 3 email addresses to the other 40 in the bcc field and sending the email 3 times to them.

I hope you could help with this.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Hi Ally,

The email addresses where rules were created still see each others emails.

I added an email to

// Add an address visible to everyone (optional)
    $mailer->addAddress(‘someone@example.com’);

but it does not work.

I also changed the form number “1” in the below code to my form number but it did not make a difference.

return $mailer;
    }
    add_action(‘iphorm_pre_send_notification_email_1’, ‘my_mailer_bcc’);

I just realised after I changed the plugin code, it is inactive and it will not let me activate it.

I also tried inserting it into functions.php of the theme but it broke it so had to remove.

Sorry Ally I must have followed the instruction wrong the first time.

I started over again and it works exactly as it should.

I really appreciate your help and your patience.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy