Conditional Logic on Groups – Deselecting does not reset existing selections

Home Forums Quform WordPress Conditional Logic on Groups – Deselecting does not reset existing selections

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ders5
    Participant

Hey guys,

This is going to be a bit confusing but I will try to explain what I’m experiencing.

I am attempting to build a conditional form that has 2 levels of conditional rules. Make a selection from the initial trigger question and a group of fields ‘show’, then based on your selections within the new group of questions, additional groups of questions will ‘show’.

My problem is simply un-checking the initial trigger question does not *reset* any of the selections in the first round of spawn questions (which become hidden by un-checking the first question) and therefore the second level spawn questions remain visible because the trigger is still selected in the fields that are now hidden in the first round of spawn questions.

For example:

Questions 1 – ‘Yes’ triggers Question Group 2 to show
    Q Group 2 (Now Visible) – ‘Blue’ triggers Question Group 3 to show
    Q Group 3 (Now Visible)

But if I were to change my mind and select ‘No’ in Question 1 – this is the result:

Question 1 – ‘No’ triggers Question Group 2 to become hidden
    Q Group 2 (Hidden)
    Q Group 3 (Visible) – Still visible because ‘Blue’ remains selected in Q Group 2 (now hidden).

Is there anyway to have questions automatically reset to ‘no selection’ when they become hidden due to a deselection of the initial conditional trigger?

I have a live example: http://new.digitallamb.com.au/conditional-issues-example/

Select Apple > Bake > Cake. Then go back to Question 1 and select Banana. Question 3 from the Apple questions remains visible.

Same will happen if you use Checkboxes instead of Multiple Choice. Try selecting Banana > and checking all 3 options On Cereal, Muffin or Cake and Smoothie . THEN from the spawn quesitons select Yes, Wholemeal and Almond Milk. Now if you go back and select Strawberry, all 3rd tiered questions remain – including the first one from selecting Apple.

How can I resolve this issue? Is there a way using the existing settings?

Through troubleshooting this problem I have come to discover you can only choose Show -or- Hide for *ALL* conditional rules on one question. Would be handy to have the option to select Show or Hide for each conditional rule. Not sure if this messes with the logic -? But it would provide a patch to this issue. If I were to apply a condition to Question Group 3 that states, if Question one is ‘No’, then hide Question Group 3. But I can’t add this condition to Q3 because I have to select ‘Show’ for the initial conditional rule.

Appreciate your assistance.

Kind regards,

Bex

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy