Content for automated mail answers won't be saved

Home Forums Quform WordPress Content for automated mail answers won't be saved

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    gioacchino
    Participant

Hi there,

I have a weird issue based on Quform (v 1.6.1) and WordPress (v 3.8.24). I know the WordPress installation and the version of Quform are outdated but they worked happyily together over the past years and months.

But now when I try to change the content in the automated mails for my forms they won’t be saved. Furthermore I get several “n” for every manual line break I type in the mail message window of my form.

Though the Quform tells me that the changes are saved after pressing the “Save-“button the old content still remains.

Adding other fields to the form or setting up new forms works. But even exporting and importing the forms does not solve my problem. The mail content does not change after editing.

And when I press “Save” a total new blank form with no title and no fields is being processed every time on the form overview page.

What can I do? I don’t want to update the plugin or WordPress since it’ using an outdated shopping integration that does not work with the latest WordPress version.

Many thanks in advance!

(in the screenshot you see the additional “n” for every break that should take place instead)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

gioacchino
    Participant

Hi Ally,

I deactivated the security plugins Wordfence Security and iThemes Security as well as the other plugins but the issue is still the same.

But what I discovered (even when all the plugins are active) that in one of the used forms I can change the email answer format from “Text” to “HTML” and overwrite the “n” with <br /> and this is being saved and works.

But in the other form no changes at all are being saved. 🙁

So what else can it be?

gioacchino
    Participant

Hi Ally,

I think I found the solution: It’s an outdated version of PHP that caused the problem. I had to change from 5.2 to 5.6 and editing of the automated email answer is working now.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy