CRUD – Data Management – How do you manage your data?

Home Forums Quform WordPress CRUD – Data Management – How do you manage your data?

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Joe Dostie
    Participant

So this isn’t so much as a problem as much as it is a discussion or request for advise.

I have posted this question on another plugin I use to see what the response was.

Like all others reading this, I use Quform to collect info about my users – and Quform is perfect!

But what I constantly find myself looking for is an easy way to manage all the data I have collected and interact with it on the front-end.

I have been looking for a solution that is called CRUD (Create-Read-Update-Delete) – *A term I recently learned…

I have looked at a couple products like wpDataTable and xCRUD

I run a volunteer website that saves pets from being euthanized and there are many different data points that I am collecting so its difficult to lay it all out here but…

In short, what I would like to do is give a group of NON-TECHNICAL people the ability to look at the data that was collected and then make decisions to deny or approve or filter based on some criteria (and do other things).

I know one of the first questions is going to be “what specifically are you trying to do?” so here is one of many examples…

First, as I mentioned I would like to give some Office Administrators (NOT A WEB ADMINISTRATORS like me) the ability to interact with the data on a webpage. These people will not have MySQL knowledge so running phpMyAdmin or anything like that is out of the question.
    Second, as a detailed example, I have people that join the site – easy enough.
    But what they do is decide to help and volunteer – this is where the fun comes in.
    Once someone decides to volunteer I want to collect information…again with Quform…easy enough.
    But know that I have the information an administrator will need to review the data and decide to approve or deny (or what ever else they need to do).
    Now that they are approved we need to know what tasks they are able to do.

I don’t want to make this topic about how to solve this specific issue (as its only for context). I am more curious about how people are going about managing the data they are collecting.

It has been mentioned in other posts its bad practice to directly manage the data. In reality its tough to create a new function every time you need to do something.

Well I hope this is a useful topic and others have the same question!

Thanks everyone

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy