E-mails not received from website form

Home Forums Quform WordPress E-mails not received from website form

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Polar Bear
    Participant

Hello

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but I couldn’t find it.

Everything was working fine. E-mails were received from our website without issue. Then we noticed one or two customers chasing for an answer to an enquiry they sent via the form on our website but we didn’t receive the mail. However when we logged into the dashboard of our website we could see them sitting there on the dashboard.

Every so often I would send a test mail to our office and everything worked fine.

But now since the last 2-3 weeks (we think). It’s now completely dried up. I can see the e-mails on the dashboard sitting in the Quform widget but they are not being kicked out to the e-mail address we set up to receive the enquiry.

I contacted the host (Bluehost) and they ran a test at their end but they said that the server was not getting the instruction from the mail script. I’m not technical so I couldn’t really go back to them and challenge them so if someone could suggest something I would be very grateful.

Can anyone help?

Rgds
    PB

We

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Polar Bear
    Participant

Hi Ally

Just checking if you received my mail?

Rgds
    PB

burkster
    Participant

Hi
    I have a similar issue
    When I receive a notification of an email I get it twice and it comes from

username@box###.BlueHost.com

this is posted on there site…but its all above me….what do I do ???

Bluehost Web Hosting Help

Scripted E-mails appear to come from username@box###.BlueHost.com

Problem:

Why do scripted e-mails come from < username@box###.BlueHost.com > when I have specified otherwise?
    Solution:

This is because our servers require you (or your script) to use a properly formatted, valid From: field in the email’s header. If the From: field is not formatted correctly, empty or the email address does not exist in the cPanel, the From: address will be changed to username@box###.BlueHost.com.
    You must change the script you are using to correctly use a valid From: header.

Examples of headers that should work would be:

Examples of headers that will NOT work:
    Our servers will not accept the name for the email address and the email address to be the same. It will not accept a double declaration of the email address.

If you do not want to edit your PHP based scripts, you can modify the sendmail_path line located in your php.ini. You would want to modify it like this:
    sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i -f’user@domain.com’

The part that you will be adding is: -f’user@domain.com’

This method works because the php mail function calls sendmail (a program on the server) directly using the path defined in your php.ini. Placing the -f flag here allows us to work directly with sendmail without PHP getting in the way. Passing a “From” header to the php mail function will override the -f flag set in your php.ini.

For scripts such as Joomla and WordPress, you will need to follow their documentation for formatting the from fields properly. WordPress will require the Mail From plugin.

Note: The email address you use must be a valid created account in the cPanel.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Ally
    Support Staff

Polar Bear
    Participant

Hi Ally

Thanks for coming back. I’ve tried that but sadly no joy. It’s gone the same way as the others. That is they are being stored in the Quform WordPress Dashboard. So I can see them but for some reason they aren’t being sent from there to the various sales offices.

I must confess I don’t test this every week but the last test mail I sent was in May and all appeared to be fine. It was toward the end of August one of our sales offices noticed that they hadn’t seen many enquiries for a while.

Bluehost are saying the email script is don’t talking to their sever to send them out.

Any other ideas? Did the error log show anything?

Rgds

Kourvaka
    Participant

Hey there Ally,

I have the exact same issue on 3 installs. The only reason that I found it is testing after migrating to a VPS. I have checked spam settings in the email clients and white listed the appropriate IP’s. A direct email to the addresses works perfect.

Data is stored in the WP db so dashboard view works however my clients were never given access nor wanted it to the front end. Whomever is sending the message does get confirmation via email that their submission worked. So the problem is simply getting the submission to the specified email address in the form.

When these sites were first set up we tested the contact forms and they worked great. Could this have something to do with an update? Do you know how long this may have been an issue for? Some of my clients receive bookings through qform so this is very unsettling to have happened.

Ally
    Support Staff

Ally
    Support Staff

Kourvaka
    Participant

Hey Ally thanks for your response, we dug deeper and it was a server configuration error. Thanks for your time.

Polar Bear
    Participant

Hi Ally

Did you get my revised log?

I really need an answer. The offices are really concerned.

Rgds

cubiche
    Participant

Hi Have same problem.
    E-mails were received from our website without issue. However when we logged into the dashboard of our website we could see them sitting there on the dashboard, but they never get to our customer email.
    What I can do
    Can anyone help?
    Thank

Ally
    Support Staff

Ally
    Support Staff

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy