- August 7, 2018 at 4:57 am #26566
Are all the field validation rules actioned on SAVE in Edit Entry mode? (I hope so)
There is no user feedback or display of these error messages on ‘Save’.
It is possible to enter invalid data in a field and click save. The message says Entry Saved… which suggests all-ok.
Validation messages should be shown and the field should be circled as failed.
It is an issue for admin as they get no feedback and may not realise.August 7, 2018 at 4:50 pm #26574August 8, 2018 at 12:23 am #26579
Hi Ally, There’s a little confusion.
I am this time not talking about conditional fields. Just fields in Edit Entry mode and whether the field element validation (if set) is also applied in this environment.
I have a simple text field with element settings that check Digits, Length min 11 and length Max 11.
This is NOT a hidden field or conditionally shown field. So put that thought away. I know I have been on that topic for a while but not this time 😉
On SAVE no error message shows under the field to say “Too long”, “Too short” or “Just numbers please”.
So, I was wondering if the error message functions exist in Admin mode?
As I am seeing nothing, only an “Entry Saved” on click [save/submit]. Yet- the illegal value is (thankfully) not saved.August 9, 2018 at 4:20 pm #26593August 10, 2018 at 12:26 am #26608
I just lost my post on submit (login timeout). grrr
I have a TEXT ELEMENT field for a Business Number (ABN)
Filters: Digits (no whitespace), Trim
Validators: Length Max 11|Min 11, Digits (no whitespace)
ON edit entry, I typed “No thanks” in field.
Hit save, message “Entry Saved”. No errors shown.
Exit to View Entry the field has not been changed (which is good as text not allowed).
So clearly there is a bug here. No validators or error messaging on [save/submit]August 14, 2018 at 6:02 pm #26665August 14, 2018 at 11:01 pm #26669
OK you win 😉
In my head I had the digits validator still operating, therefore it would error message “no text”.
So if I want a message I have to take off the digits filter. I get it now.
Thanks. Close ticket
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- darko on Quform form has dynamic ID's – how to make static?8 hours ago
- Ally on Multiply Textfield Input x 32 days, 17 hours ago
- bruellerwerbung on Multiply Textfield Input x 32 days, 17 hours ago
- katw on Calendar date picker > disable next/previous year arrows2 days, 21 hours ago
- Ally on export entries – custom date search rather than submitted date2 days, 21 hours ago
- Ally on Calendar date picker > disable next/previous year arrows2 days, 21 hours ago
- katw on Calendar date picker > disable next/previous year arrows3 days, 7 hours ago
- Ally on Form entries duplication3 days, 14 hours ago
- Ally on New hooks and updated documentation (v2.5 release)3 days, 15 hours ago
- Form won't show – "Required" doesn't save by MediPr16 hours, 11 minutes ago
- i have problem image now show this is new problem last time is working fine but by mr199117 hours, 28 minutes ago
- quform 2.5.0 by jmjoh4 days, 16 hours ago
- Translation: "Default" text translation in zone selector by celluleweb3 days, 15 hours ago
- New hooks and updated documentation (v2.5 release) by katw3 days, 15 hours ago
- Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'Quform_Element' not found in /home/… by danielsami5 days, 13 hours ago
- Multiply Textfield Input x 3 by bruellerwerbung2 days, 17 hours ago
- conditional pages by donmoreno3 days, 16 hours ago
- 'Installation with existing form' question – which php file? by bb33 days, 16 hours ago
- No notification by delfault? by celluleweb3 days, 16 hours ago