emails not getting sent out after plugin upgrade

Home Forums Quform WordPress emails not getting sent out after plugin upgrade

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    ams13
    Participant

Hi

5 of my sites use your plugin, and emails are not being sent out at all after recent plugin update.

I am using Postman SMTP, and tested the SMTP is all working fine.

When submitting the form, I also insert the email into the Mymail plugin, and that send out an email fine but email from Quform is not being received.

I have debug it as follows:

I used the phpmail option under settings which uses the Postman SMTP in the background, the error from that is “Could not instantiate mail function”. Note Postman SMTP works fine because I get the email from Mymail newsletter when the quform is submitted. Note the email used is google gmail apps for business. Postman SMTP does not even log the email as failed. Its like its never sent it.

I also used a different SMTP using my domains using the SMTP options under settings, and that gives a different error message i.e. SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.. However, note, the smtp detaisl are fine as it is for our domain.

Please assist to resolve this issue. Note our other envato plugins like Mymail and Easy Social Share send out emails fine on the same server. It is simply quform that is not sending out emails.

Thanks

AMS

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

ams13
    Participant

Hi Ally,

Thanks for the update. It really sucks that we cannot use phpmail as our other envato plugins like social share and mymail both use it, and for security purposes, we prefer to use gmail oauth 2 so there is no password stored on the db, and all our mail is central using Postman SMTP.

I hope you very nice plugin can do phpmail and editing of records in your next update.

I will try your smtp suggestion using wp mail, and will let you know.

Thanks

AMS

ams13
    Participant

Typo.. I meant

It really sucks that we cannot use “wp_mail”

I hope you very nice plugin can do “wp_mail” and editing of records in your next update.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

ams13
    Participant

Hi Ally,

Actually, please add wp_mail rather than remove it as users need all 3 options incase one fails, and the one works.

SMTP is really an issue which we cant resolve it as yet better to have phpmail and wpmail as backup options

So please dont remove phpmail. only add wp_mail as an alternate option.

thanks

AMs

Ally
    Support Staff

ams13
    Participant

Thanks Ally

You can see from the below word fence link on panama paper breach that storing smtp passwords is no good – its old school, and has major security issues..

Panama Papers: Email Hackable via WordPress, Docs Hackable via Drupal

Once you add wp_mail, that would allow us to use oauth via Postman SMTP.. this way passwords are never stored on the wp db

thanks

Ally
    Support Staff

armagri
    Participant

Hello, no update on this?
    with Godaddy is an issue to send emails through WP

Postman already works with ContactForm7

1 year an no solution yet?

Ally
    Support Staff

armagri
    Participant

hello
    when is expected to release the update?
    thanks

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by armagri.
    Ally
    Support Staff

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy