Error 500

Home Forums Quform WordPress Error 500

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    amallory
    Participant

Hello,

When I activate Quform w/ WP 4.9.8, I get a server error 500 – – I then have to rename the quform plugin folder in order to access the site again.

I have deactivated all other plugins and changed the theme to the default 2017 theme but am still getting the same error.

It is quite odd because I have never had this issue with quform and have it running on multiple other sites.

Thx in advance

amallory
    Participant

Also tried various php versions — currently set to 7.2 w/ current version of quform (just downloaded)

amallory
    Participant

caused by the PHP fatal error below for “Uncaught InvalidArgumentException”.
    ====
    [02-Oct-2018 14:17:42 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: Method not found to create element of type ‘groupstart’ in /home/amp/public_html/storke/wp-content/plugins/quform/library/Quform/Element/Factory.php:55
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/amp/public_html/storke/wp-content/plugins/quform/library/Quform/Form/Factory.php(87): Quform_Element_Factory->create(Array, Object(Quform_Form))
    #1 /home/amp/public_html/storke/wp-content/plugins/quform/library/Quform/ScriptLoader.php(954): Quform_Form_Factory->create(Array)
    #2 /home/amp/public_html/storke/wp-content/plugins/quform/library/Quform/ScriptLoader.php(966): Quform_ScriptLoader->rebuildScriptCache()
    #3 /home/amp/public_html/storke/wp-content/plugins/quform/library/Quform/Upgrader.php(85): Quform_ScriptLoader->activate()
    #4 /home/amp/public_html/storke/wp-content/plugins/quform/library/Quform/Upgrader.php(61): Quform_Upgrader->activate()
    #5 /home/amp/public_html/storke/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): Quform_Upgrader->upgradeCheck(”)
    #6 /home/amp/public_html/storke/wp-includes/class-wp-hook in /home/amp/public_html/storke/wp-content/plugins/quform/library/Quform/Element/Factory.php on line 55
    ====

Below is the line from Factory.php that is throwing the InvalidArgumentException.
    ====
    if ( ! $element instanceof Quform_Element) {
    throw new InvalidArgumentException(sprintf(“Method not found to create element of type ‘%s'”, $type));
    }
    ====

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

amallory
    Participant

That sounds very likely. I got things working again by installing an older (1.x) version of quform.

So should I still remove the form from the database and start over? Or do you think I can upgrade to v2 and import?

Thx

amallory
    Participant

I removed the forms using phpMyAdmin, then installed the current version of Quform — then migrated my forms. Lastly, removed the old version of Quform.

Everything working properly now.

Thx

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy