Few minor bugs around conditionals, would appreciate your insight and help :)

Home Forums Quform WordPress Few minor bugs around conditionals, would appreciate your insight and help :)

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    NeoBean
    Participant

Hello!

Love this so far! Just a few minor things that are tripping me up a bit-

1) When filling out the form, if you select an answer, and then have to go back and select a different answer to the question before that one, the second question keeps the same state (selected).

For example, if I have a form that says “Choose which person to contact” and they choose “Jon” but then want to change their mind, “Jon” disappears but all the conditional questions under him stays selected/visible. Perhaps this is because of conditional logic not knowing that it was unselected?

2) When in the Admin interface making a form, and I use a conditional set of choices, if I choose one option, and then go back and change the text of that option, it doesn’t update in the conditional options :/

Here’s an example- say I’m building a form and the first question is, “My favorite animal is a:” and then the second question is conditional on the first- “Show this field if ‘My favorite animal is:’ is “Dog””

However, if I update the first question to be “Man’s best friend is: ” then the conditional options on the second question doesn’t update accordingly, requiring me to go and update each one. How can we update both at the same time?

3) While I’m making a form with lots of conditional logic, and it would be great if there was a way to nest or collapse items in the admin interface. Ideally, they would be moved over to the right automatically, like in WordPress’ Menu builder- you drag an item to the Menu and the position it around where you want it to go.

4) This is similar to #3, however for the viewing/user side. When someone is filling out a form, and they select a conditional option and go on to the next question, it would be great if the answers could somehow collapse. I noticed there’s already code that changes from display:none to display:block. Could there be an option to collapse previous questions, that just sets them to display:none when someone clicks the next question?

Thanks so much!

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

NeoBean
    Participant

Hey Ally,

Thanks for the response!

I don’t think I explained #1 correctly. Basically, if I have multiple levels of conditionals, when I select each one it should reset everything not in its direct hierarchy.

For example, if I have:

1. My favorite food is:
    A) pizza
    B) yogurt

which if I select A goes to –>

2. My favorite place to buy pizza is:
    A) Domino’s
    B) Papa John’s

and if I select B goes to –>

3. How did you hear about Papa John’s?
    A) The internet
    B) A friend

Currently (I’m on 1.4.14) then if I change my mind about #1 and click B) yogurt then question #3 is still there! Question #2 changes correctly, but #3 is still display:block 🙁

I looked at jquery.iphorm.js and see there are functions to reset/unbind but I think they aren’t being fired/fired correctly. Can you check this and let me know what you find? Thanks so much!

NeoBean
    Participant

Also, I’ve emailed an export of this sample form to you. Thanks for your help!!!

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy