- April 11, 2017 at 9:16 pm #21102
Ok so I typically have used the Flash Uploader part of Quform on our site. It has had it’s issues, but worked decently.
Recently we started having issues with the form where many users would upload files, and get a successfully upload message, but the files wouldn’t actually upload. I’ve tried this in many browsers with the same result. Sometimes even uploading a small 3MB zip file would cause an error message, but splitting it would be fine.
To fix the upload problem temporarily, I turned off flash uploading. This seems to help bring stability, but an issues we are having now is in the formatting of the upload fields listed. It is very small and doesn’t show the file name, only the first maybe 5-10 characters. Is there a way to increase the File name field when a file is uploaded so that the user can see the full file name or most of it in the Upload field before clicking submit? (please see attached image to see what area i’m talking about). I would like to make this field bigger to show the file name.
Your help is greatly appreciated!!!
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.April 18, 2017 at 10:48 am #21115April 18, 2017 at 4:40 pm #21136
Thank you for your response. I tried implementing your suggested edit to the CSS file but did not see a difference.
I edited the styles.css file located at “wp-content/plugins/iphorm-form-builder/css”. I don’t have a custom.css file name in that folder.
I put your edit at the bottom of the CSS, but didn’t see any changes. I’m including my CSS file for your review.
I don’t have much experience with CSS so any experience is greatly appreciated.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.April 19, 2017 at 5:26 pm #21145April 19, 2017 at 10:12 pm #21147
Ally this is perfect! Thank you!
Any thoughts on why the Flash uploader would be so unreliable on uploads and show a successful upload, but not actually upload the files?
Are you guys planning to move away from Flash?April 21, 2017 at 7:50 pm #21156April 26, 2017 at 7:44 pm #21174
Thats great news on the next Major release. Do you have any estimate on when that will be released?April 30, 2017 at 6:51 pm #21180
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- DigitalOxide on Append/Prepend to upload file names.5 hours, 59 minutes ago
- Ally on Need Help With 2 Things10 hours, 59 minutes ago
- Ally on Form Not Workin as a Popup11 hours, 5 minutes ago
- Ally on Popup is not working11 hours, 5 minutes ago
- Ally on Fetch previously submitted details11 hours, 6 minutes ago
- Ally on Ad-Words Submit Button14 hours, 40 minutes ago
- Ally on Options Button Colour14 hours, 43 minutes ago
- jerkski on Add or show/hide checkbox option based on user ID/User group16 hours, 52 minutes ago
- Ally on Image on form background16 hours, 52 minutes ago
- Ally on 2 Questions (Space between fields and attachments)16 hours, 59 minutes ago
- Need Help With 2 Things by dwayneoliver10 hours, 59 minutes ago
- Popup is not working by petra44511 hours, 5 minutes ago
- Fetch previously submitted details by suums11 hours, 6 minutes ago
- Ad-Words Submit Button by pinkcaviar14 hours, 40 minutes ago
- Options Button Colour by stuartsmartassist14 hours, 43 minutes ago
- Image on form background by nohands16 hours, 52 minutes ago
- 2 Questions (Space between fields and attachments) by pinkcaviar16 hours, 59 minutes ago
- Change license to WordPress theme by thijsm17 hours, 29 minutes ago
- Getting "An error occurred exporting entries Ajax error" when Exporting Forms by blissdriveteam17 hours, 32 minutes ago
- Add or show/hide checkbox option based on user ID/User group by jerkski16 hours, 52 minutes ago