- April 11, 2017 at 9:16 pm #21102
Ok so I typically have used the Flash Uploader part of Quform on our site. It has had it’s issues, but worked decently.
Recently we started having issues with the form where many users would upload files, and get a successfully upload message, but the files wouldn’t actually upload. I’ve tried this in many browsers with the same result. Sometimes even uploading a small 3MB zip file would cause an error message, but splitting it would be fine.
To fix the upload problem temporarily, I turned off flash uploading. This seems to help bring stability, but an issues we are having now is in the formatting of the upload fields listed. It is very small and doesn’t show the file name, only the first maybe 5-10 characters. Is there a way to increase the File name field when a file is uploaded so that the user can see the full file name or most of it in the Upload field before clicking submit? (please see attached image to see what area i’m talking about). I would like to make this field bigger to show the file name.
Your help is greatly appreciated!!!
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.April 18, 2017 at 10:48 am #21115April 18, 2017 at 4:40 pm #21136
Thank you for your response. I tried implementing your suggested edit to the CSS file but did not see a difference.
I edited the styles.css file located at “wp-content/plugins/iphorm-form-builder/css”. I don’t have a custom.css file name in that folder.
I put your edit at the bottom of the CSS, but didn’t see any changes. I’m including my CSS file for your review.
I don’t have much experience with CSS so any experience is greatly appreciated.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.April 19, 2017 at 5:26 pm #21145April 19, 2017 at 10:12 pm #21147
Ally this is perfect! Thank you!
Any thoughts on why the Flash uploader would be so unreliable on uploads and show a successful upload, but not actually upload the files?
Are you guys planning to move away from Flash?April 21, 2017 at 7:50 pm #21156April 26, 2017 at 7:44 pm #21174
Thats great news on the next Major release. Do you have any estimate on when that will be released?April 30, 2017 at 6:51 pm #21180
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Ally on Where change page x of x ?19 hours, 11 minutes ago
- Ally on An error occurred verifying the license key. (Ajax error)21 hours, 45 minutes ago
- Ally on No style at all23 hours, 16 minutes ago
- Ally on Can't Send Email after Upgraded to Quform 2.0.123 hours, 17 minutes ago
- Ally on Step form23 hours, 43 minutes ago
- Ally on Changing label colors & extending Submit to 100% not working.23 hours, 48 minutes ago
- Ally on Mailchimp Integration23 hours, 53 minutes ago
- travlanders on Load Different Forms on a Page Based on Querystring1 day, 3 hours ago
- travlanders on CSS Styling the Progress Bar and Next Button1 day, 3 hours ago
- Allan on CSS Styling the Progress Bar and Next Button1 day, 14 hours ago
- Day Of The Week + Click to popup by ammad2 hours, 36 minutes ago
- Set Datepicker, checkboxes, Dropdown and multiple choice to disabled by jerkski13 hours, 56 minutes ago
- The selection menu is not displayed by kinglabnew15 hours, 27 minutes ago
- Can i use the same plugin in Multi-Site? by Shaghelhom22 hours, 41 minutes ago
- Changing the Progress Bar Text by travlanders1 day, 3 hours ago
- Requiring X Amount of Optional Fields by MediaServices1 day, 16 hours ago
- CSS Styling the Progress Bar and Next Button by travlanders1 day, 3 hours ago
- An error occurred verifying the license key. (Ajax error) by firstname.lastname@example.org hours, 45 minutes ago
- Using $form->getValue('xxx') to uploadpath by pvuoti2 days, 12 hours ago
- No style at all by email@example.com hours, 16 minutes ago