File Upload Questions / Issues

Home Forums Quform WordPress File Upload Questions / Issues

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    BrianTimco
    Participant

Hi All,

Ok so I typically have used the Flash Uploader part of Quform on our site. It has had it’s issues, but worked decently.

First Problem:
    Recently we started having issues with the form where many users would upload files, and get a successfully upload message, but the files wouldn’t actually upload. I’ve tried this in many browsers with the same result. Sometimes even uploading a small 3MB zip file would cause an error message, but splitting it would be fine.

Second problem:
    To fix the upload problem temporarily, I turned off flash uploading. This seems to help bring stability, but an issues we are having now is in the formatting of the upload fields listed. It is very small and doesn’t show the file name, only the first maybe 5-10 characters. Is there a way to increase the File name field when a file is uploaded so that the user can see the full file name or most of it in the Upload field before clicking submit? (please see attached image to see what area i’m talking about). I would like to make this field bigger to show the file name.

Your help is greatly appreciated!!!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

BrianTimco
    Participant

Hi Ally,

Thank you for your response. I tried implementing your suggested edit to the CSS file but did not see a difference.

I edited the styles.css file located at “wp-content/plugins/iphorm-form-builder/css”. I don’t have a custom.css file name in that folder.

I put your edit at the bottom of the CSS, but didn’t see any changes. I’m including my CSS file for your review.

I don’t have much experience with CSS so any experience is greatly appreciated.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

BrianTimco
    Participant

Ally this is perfect! Thank you!

Any thoughts on why the Flash uploader would be so unreliable on uploads and show a successful upload, but not actually upload the files?

Are you guys planning to move away from Flash?

Ally
    Support Staff

BrianTimco
    Participant

Thanks Ally!

Thats great news on the next Major release. Do you have any estimate on when that will be released?

Ally
    Support Staff

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy