Form export problem

Home Forums Quform WordPress Form export problem

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    tomputor
    Participant

I have a text area on a form for invoice information. User enter the information using the enter key for newlines. This breaks the csv. This is clearly visible when you open the csv file in notepad!

As a possible solution I installed the Quform Excel export plugin, but this results in an error opening the export in Excel. (did unblock)

Attached are both the csv and xls export files

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

tomputor
    Participant

Not working using the import wizard with UTF-8, comma and double qutes settings. When I open the csv file in notepad I clearly see that newline characters are present. Lines of data are scattered over multiple lines if the user used the enter key while inputting text in a text area field.

I see the same thing happening when opening the export in excel before importing. There is no way Excel will read this file correctly because the convert text to data works per line.

I open end the csv file in notepad++ and did a search and replace all ‘/r/n’
    to one space and the file imports correctly into Excel.

Since it is my client who makes the exports for following up event registrations, I need this to work without manipulating the csv after export. Can you direct me to the place where I can add something like str_replace(‘/r/n’,’ ‘,$linetoexport);

Regards,
    Tom

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

tomputor
    Participant

Hi Ally,

I changed the code and it works fine!
    How can I make this stick when updating?

Regards,
    Tom

Ally
    Support Staff

tomputor
    Participant

Worked!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy