- June 6, 2018 at 10:22 am #25967
I’m working with quform in localhost before deploy to server, so I have to use the tool export & import many times.
There are 2 very annoying issues shouldn’t be there while exporting & importing: the same form is duplicated and the IDs are all changed. I have to uninstall the plugin and re-activate it and import again.
Please help to add a custom unique id field in backend (so we don’t need to be dependent to the generated unique ids) and fix the tool so it’s not duplicated but updated with new changes (or just override it).
Also, we have some complex cases that need custom classes for the labels or the inputs wrapper (parent), it would be great that you have these features like you did for input custom class.
Thank you so much!June 8, 2018 at 4:44 pm #25989June 28, 2018 at 10:50 am #26223
Below is my workaround for the export and import the same form to keep the same ID from one environment to another environment :
1-> go to phpMyAdmin
2-> Select table wp_quform_forms
3-> Go to Operations Tab
4-> Change the Auto_increment to the ID that you want to be , before doing that, you have to make sure the target Form ID is has been deleted.
5-> Then import the Form again. Done.
VenomJune 28, 2018 at 11:21 am #26224
Thanks! Cool solution.
But how about the unique ids of elements? The elements ids are changed as well..June 29, 2018 at 11:26 am #26236June 29, 2018 at 12:00 pm #26240
Thank you so much for the temperary solution!
It would be great if you release new version with permanent solution like “Advanced Custom Fields” does in exporting/importing tools.. I don’t know what they do but when import an entry again, it’s not duplicated.
BTW, even cooler if you can allow us to use NAMEs for elements as well as their parent to make the code readable and more easy to reuse a certain one’s css/js/php code, instead of unique ID things..
E.g: $form->getValue(‘quform_1_6’); // this make no senses
Also, seems you are missing the input types, such as “tel”, “number”… and attribute “readonly” for example..June 29, 2018 at 2:51 pm #26254June 30, 2018 at 2:52 am #26256
Thanks for the Readonly option pointing! Just see it now @_@
Rgd. the e.g: $form->getValue(‘quform_1_6’);
there is another inconvenient that we have to change that unique ID in php,js,css after moved that field from a page to another page by removing & re-adding..
just so you know.July 3, 2018 at 10:13 am #26269July 3, 2018 at 10:19 am #26270
Cool, thank you so much Ally!July 12, 2018 at 3:34 pm #26295
If you need to handle the field inside PHP like below, I don’t have any workaround so far to get the form field’s value.
However, for other place like css, js, I would rather make use of the Custom CSS class field. If I have to add some frontend validation logic to the field “quform_1_6” as telephone, I would add “form_telephone” to the Custom CSS class field. Then I don’t need to worry ‘quform_1_6’ or quform_1_18 anymore.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- DinosMa on Various errors in the form12 hours, 17 minutes ago
- Ally on Default value2 days, 10 hours ago
- Ally on If / then custom support2 days, 10 hours ago
- Ally on Customize layout of submitted form (admin side)2 days, 11 hours ago
- hippodice on File Upload: Button-Text contains unwanted parameter4 days, 23 hours ago
- hippodice on File Upload: Button-Text contains unwanted parameter5 days ago
- Icemanmx on file code.txt validation1 week ago
- Ally on Registration Form and Edit Profile Form1 week ago
- Various errors in the form by DinosMa12 hours, 17 minutes ago
- Create a Link from Numbers entered into Text Area by walterwhitejr1 day, 10 hours ago
- No Formatting and added fields and button that aren't suppose to be there. by ftlamont2 days, 19 hours ago
- Notification Custom Email – Not pulling from email-content.php by katw3 days, 2 hours ago
- Custom email notification – other data fields by katw3 days, 6 hours ago
- Display HTML text based on hidden filed by almarkhi73 days, 17 hours ago
- File Upload: Button-Text contains unwanted parameter by hippodice4 days, 23 hours ago
- Integration with Agile CRM by lubu-cz6 days, 13 hours ago
- An error occurred submitting the form by lavarock1 week ago
- Radio buttons with a picture hover? by Gennaro1 week, 1 day ago