Improve the tool as well as the unique id

Home Forums Quform WordPress Improve the tool as well as the unique id

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    piihuynh
    Participant

Hi,

I’m working with quform in localhost before deploy to server, so I have to use the tool export & import many times.
    There are 2 very annoying issues shouldn’t be there while exporting & importing: the same form is duplicated and the IDs are all changed. I have to uninstall the plugin and re-activate it and import again.
    Please help to add a custom unique id field in backend (so we don’t need to be dependent to the generated unique ids) and fix the tool so it’s not duplicated but updated with new changes (or just override it).

Also, we have some complex cases that need custom classes for the labels or the inputs wrapper (parent), it would be great that you have these features like you did for input custom class.

Thank you so much!

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Venom
    Participant

Hi,

Below is my workaround for the export and import the same form to keep the same ID from one environment to another environment :

1-> go to phpMyAdmin
    2-> Select table wp_quform_forms
    3-> Go to Operations Tab
    4-> Change the Auto_increment to the ID that you want to be , before doing that, you have to make sure the target Form ID is has been deleted.

5-> Then import the Form again. Done.

Regards,
    Venom

piihuynh
    Participant

Hi manesvenom,

Thanks! Cool solution.
    But how about the unique ids of elements? The elements ids are changed as well..

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

piihuynh
    Participant

Hi Ally,

Thank you so much for the temperary solution!
    It would be great if you release new version with permanent solution like “Advanced Custom Fields” does in exporting/importing tools.. I don’t know what they do but when import an entry again, it’s not duplicated.

BTW, even cooler if you can allow us to use NAMEs for elements as well as their parent to make the code readable and more easy to reuse a certain one’s css/js/php code, instead of unique ID things..
    E.g: $form->getValue(‘quform_1_6’); // this make no senses

Also, seems you are missing the input types, such as “tel”, “number”… and attribute “readonly” for example..

Ally
    Support Staff

piihuynh
    Participant

Thanks for the Readonly option pointing! Just see it now @_@

Rgd. the e.g: $form->getValue(‘quform_1_6’);
    there is another inconvenient that we have to change that unique ID in php,js,css after moved that field from a page to another page by removing & re-adding..
    just so you know.

Ally
    Support Staff

piihuynh
    Participant

Cool, thank you so much Ally!

Venom
    Participant

Hi

If you need to handle the field inside PHP like below, I don’t have any workaround so far to get the form field’s value.
    $form->getValue(‘quform_1_6’);

However, for other place like css, js, I would rather make use of the Custom CSS class field. If I have to add some frontend validation logic to the field “quform_1_6” as telephone, I would add “form_telephone” to the Custom CSS class field. Then I don’t need to worry ‘quform_1_6’ or quform_1_18 anymore.

Use the jQuery syntax to get the field in javascript
    $(‘.form_telephone’).hide();

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy