- November 14, 2017 at 12:08 pm #23077
Since upgrading to Quform 2 I’ve found that if data is missed from a required field correcting the data and attempting to resend soemtimes results in a form error message. I have not yet been able to establish whether this results from the form data element or from the reCAPTCHA element.
Has anyone else encountered this issue? If so what is the solution, please?
November 17, 2017 at 3:49 pm #23116
- This topic was modified 1 month ago by DavidRomano.
AllySupport StaffNovember 18, 2017 at 12:23 pm #23137
The page I’m testing on contains a reCAPTCHA image and the initial problem seems to arise from latency in the reCAPTCHA cycle.
If the form data is corrected and SEND clicked, the reCAPTCHA is detected as having expired so the error message I’m getting (An error occurred, please try again) is originating from reCAPTCHA.
It looks, quite reasonably, that the reCAPTCHA cycle needs to be re-executed after any additional data is added.
I think the error message (An error occurred, please try again) in the reCAPTCHA box arises from the form holding the old reCAPTCHA data but attempting to validate it against new reCAPTCHA data. The latency results as the reCAPTCHA box shows a green tick + the error message (An error occurred, please try again) leaving the user uncertain as to what’s gone wrong.
What is making the situation more confusing is that required date fields (it does seem to be only fields with the data picker) on the form are showing their previously instantiated value but being reported having a missing value – see attached snipped image Ally Capture 1.
Because the form is long the ideal behaviour would be to have all entered data preserved until SEND is executed.
I think the behaviour I’m getting is that the onscreen form image is showing the last entered data but that the variable containing the data may be being cleared. As far as I can tell this may be just a problem affecting date fields so may be related to the date picker code.
(The date picker is now active – re other support post)
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.November 22, 2017 at 3:51 pm #23193
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- drewman1970 on How to Email Verify 2.022 hours, 17 minutes ago
- MoritzK on Trigger Validation befor uploading Files1 day, 1 hour ago
- Ally on Radio Buttons Image1 day, 1 hour ago
- Ally on Add to Calendar in notice email1 day, 2 hours ago
- Ally on Teams 12 hours of real time1 day, 2 hours ago
- Ally on How to Email Verify 2.01 day, 2 hours ago
- Ally on Moved: Reply To: WordPress Menu popup not working1 day, 2 hours ago
- Ally on Multi step form back to top1 day, 5 hours ago
- paulleaf on Multi step form back to top1 day, 5 hours ago
- mfalraii on Teams 12 hours of real time1 day, 15 hours ago
- Google Analytics Event by prvidojam15 hours, 35 minutes ago
- how disable some time interval from time field by dennis17 hours, 52 minutes ago
- Fields are missing in Email message by cidcom23 hours, 18 minutes ago
- Modify Upload to make a new folder per Upload by MoritzK1 day, 1 hour ago
- Radio Buttons Image by bruellerwerbung1 day, 1 hour ago
- Add to Calendar in notice email by paulleaf1 day, 2 hours ago
- Moved: Reply To: WordPress Menu popup not working by preyes249731 day, 2 hours ago
- How to Email Verify 2.0 by drewman197022 hours, 17 minutes ago
- Multi step form back to top by paulleaf1 day, 5 hours ago
- Need help with column structure form by transam2 days, 5 hours ago