Local MAMP Setup: SMTP not working

Home Forums Quform WordPress Local MAMP Setup: SMTP not working

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MikeySmith
    Participant

Hi guys,

I got Quform running on a local MAMP installation and I would like to use SMTP to send emails.

I set everything up and the form actually collects data, BUT when activating SMTP I am getting an error message when hitting the SUBMIT button.

For your info: I also installed the WP Plugin called “WP-Mail-SMTP” and tested it with the same SMTP Login Data and it works with this plugin. So it seems to be a Quform problem.

Any ideas?

Kind regards
    Mikey

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

MikeySmith
    Participant

Hi Ally,

no problem: I blanked the directories and the email – here you go.

Any ideas? Like I said: same smtp settings work with the “WP-Mail-SMTP” Plugin

[03-Jun-2013 16:23:39] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'phpmailerException' with message 'SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: xxxxx@xxxxxx.xxx' in /Applications/MAMP/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/wp-includes/class-phpmailer.php:846
    Stack trace:
    #0 /Applications/MAMP/www...............de.dev/wp-includes/class-phpmailer.php(660): PHPMailer->SmtpSend('Date: Mon, 3 Ju...', '--b1_6808f9da44...')
    #1 /Applications/MAMP/www...............de.dev/wp-includes/class-phpmailer.php(588): PHPMailer->PostSend()
    #2 /Applications/MAMP/www...............de.dev/wp-content/plugins/iphorm-form-builder/includes/common.php(769): PHPMailer->Send()
    #3 /Applications/MAMP/www...............de.dev/wp-content/plugins/iphorm-form-builder/includes/common.php(483): iphorm_process_form()
    #4 [internal function]: iphorm_process_form_ajax('')
    #5 /Applications/MAMP/www...............de.dev/wp-includes/plugin.php(406): call_user_func_array('iphorm_process_...', Array)
    #6 /Applications/MAMP/www...............de.dev/wp-settings.php(327): do_action('wp_loade in /Applications/MAMP/www...............de.dev/wp-includes/class-phpmailer.php on line 846

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

MikeySmith
    Participant

Hi Ally,

thanks for the tips, BUT I can’t get it working. Do you recon there are any other settings that I am missing?

Do you got it running on a local development setup?

Ally
    Support Staff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy