Mail failing – Any ideas???

Home Forums Quform WordPress Mail failing – Any ideas???

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    addinall
    Participant

I included this product as part of a new project. It is hosted on a site that does not supply an outbound SMTP server, probably causing myself more bloody work than I need, so I set up the quform => settings to reflect the gmail settings.
    The form is failing with “An error occurred”.

I turned on wp-debug and in the error log:

[25-Feb-2013 15:09:53 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'phpmailerException' with message 'SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.' in /home/crosscit/public_html/wp-includes/class-phpmailer.php:912
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/crosscit/public_html/wp-includes/class-phpmailer.php(797): PHPMailer->SmtpConnect()
    #1 /home/crosscit/public_html/wp-includes/class-phpmailer.php(660): PHPMailer->SmtpSend('Date: Mon, 25 F...', '--b1_1910d09a7e...')
    #2 /home/crosscit/public_html/wp-includes/class-phpmailer.php(588): PHPMailer->PostSend()
    #3 /home/crosscit/public_html/wp-content/plugins/iphorm-form-builder/includes/common.php(772): PHPMailer->Send()
    #4 /home/crosscit/public_html/wp-content/plugins/iphorm-form-builder/includes/common.php(486): iphorm_process_form()
    #5 [internal function]: iphorm_process_form_ajax('')
    #6 /home/crosscit/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(406): call_user_func_array('iphorm_process_...', Array)
    #7 /home/crosscit/public_html/wp-settings.php(327): do_action('wp_loaded')
    #8 /home/crosscit/public_html/wp-config.php(90): require_once('/ in /home/crosscit/public_html/wp-includes/class-phpmailer.php on line 912

Any ideas? Anyone seen this before? I have a vague feeling the Apache global .conf file may be screwing me around, but not having access to it, I dunno.

I stuck a .htaccess file in my wp document root which sed()

Options +Includes +ExecCGI Indexes FollowSymLinks
    AddType text/html .shtml .shtm .htm .html
    AddHandler server-parsed .shtml .shtm .htm .html cgi-script .cgi .pl

If you want to have a peek it is at

http://www.crosscitydjs.com.au

Cheers,
    Mark.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

addinall
    Participant

Hi Ally, nice code BTW.

Since I am still building this site, I stuck a well known mail address into the settings

Type: SMTP
    host: smtp.gmail.com
    port: 465
    sec: SSL
    user: addinall.mark@gmail.com
    pass: *******

My IMAP engines work from this account and it has been running for a very long time!

It really does not look like your code at all, I was just wondering if anyone else had seen this?

Cheers,
    MArk.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

addinall
    Participant

Thanks for that. I’ll pester the owners of the box.

Cheers,
    Mark.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy