Only getting some email notifications

Home Forums Quform WordPress Only getting some email notifications

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    petalumapie
    Participant

I have had a few Quform forms on my website working without any issue for years. I recently changed only one thing. The “from” address is variable based upon the contact email of the submitter. I had to do this because having all the emails come from the same email address was causing issues with a CRM we started using.Prior to this the “from” was our own email address.

It seemed to work when I tested it and I got some notifications so I thought it was working. What I did not know was that it was not sending a notification for most submissions and I lost many opportunities as a result. It has been going on since the beginning of February as far as I can tell. My global email settings are php and I have not changed them since the beginning.

I checked with my email host to see if there were any signs of these emails or attempts to send, but there was nothing. These emails are not in my spam or junk folders. I think they were never sent.

The thing is, I get some notifications for some submissions and none for others.

petalumapie
    Participant

Actually, I just double checked. Some of my forms use a static “from” address and some use the <email address> from the form, but they all exhibit the same behavior. Would it matter if the “reply to” and the “from” don’t match?

petalumapie
    Participant

I also installed wp mail smtp and the php mail is working. I was not able to get SMTP to work, but I have always had this set up with php mail.

petalumapie
    Participant

I have really narrowed it down to this. I can get a notification email every time if the
    Notification email settings are set to a static email address in the “From” address. As soon as I set the “from” address to submitted email address, it does not send the email (but sometimes it does). It always seems to send the auto-reply email to the address entered into the contact form.

Is there a reason why it won’t work using the submitted email address? I really need to use it in this way, but I also really need to know when someone has submitted a form.

Can anyone help?

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

petalumapie
    Participant

Hi Ally,

A while back I changed the email address used for the “from” field now matches the domain of the website. I still get random missed emails. I currently have Qform send form submission data to a third party website, which also gives me notifications, so I don’t miss them but it is odd that Qform sometimes does not send out notification emails to me.

Any other ideas?

Thank you,
    Angelo

patdundee
    Participant

I have noticed that I am having the same issue here with hit and miss delivery of emails. Having checked the admin area for the forms i have noticed that there are 2 enquiry forms this week alone that have not come through but are in the admin area. I have never had to check as all emails have generally come through without any issue prior to the new Quform

As I am a hosting business I run my mail servers and have checked all mail logs. The email has not even hit my mail server. There is definately an issue here.

Kind regards
    Patrick

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by patdundee.
    patdundee
    Participant

Hi Ally

Until this is resolved, I have changed the from email address to the admin address but used the submitted form email address as the reply to address.

This is the same issue I had a while ago when I first migrated the forms if you remember 🙂

It does seem that not all emails are being sent correctly via SMTP. This is proved by the now (5 emails) I have noticed I have not received and have not even hit the mail server. Though I have sent one or two test ones today and received others.

This will be a hard one for you to get to the bottom of as it is intermittant.

Kind regards
    Patrick

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Ally
    Support Staff

patdundee
    Participant

Hi Ally

Plug in swapped over 🙂

Regards
    Patrick

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy