Quform Crashes WP after successfull Backupbuddy Migration

Home Forums Quform WordPress Quform Crashes WP after successfull Backupbuddy Migration

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    techwerks
    Participant

Done this many times before with no issue. Used unlicensed copy to setup, then purchased another license today when I migrated the final site. However, when the plugin is installed via FTP or plugin upload the WP crashes. If I remove the plugin from the plugins folder, the site resumes.

Is there a way I can do a clean uninstall of Quform and reinstall it from scratch.
    Tried this with replacing the plugin from a new download ( Quform folder uploaded via FTP )

I also even tried to remove the 3 “inphorm” items from the SQL table as a last resort.
    Any way to do a clean remove? Can’t get this functional again and paid for another license.

PS. Love your product. Used 5 times now and is now becoming my standard for forms if I can fix this.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

techwerks
    Participant

Good morning and thanks for the follow up to my question.

I found a solution for this late last evening and I did not get a chance to update this file yet.
    The migration was from my favourite host, Mediatemple to a customer server on Godaddy.
    The new site was using Godaddy’s basic linux server.

The resolution I found was due to the GD account not being able to write to a tmp directory with their php default settings. The solution I used is as follows for others with the same issues with Godaddy.
    This affected this plugin as well as one other. ( how I found it )

Use at own risk:

1) Visit this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXeZAIxdXgw
    2 ) The video will show to create a “TMP” folder in your Godaddy root directory.
    3) Then there is a PHP file available for download on the Youtube page linked to sourceforge.
    This new PHP.ini can be places into the root folder as well.

Wait about 15 minutes for the server to update automatically, and the plugin issue was resolved in full.
    Thanks for the attempt to solve my issue. Hoping this post will help others as well.

Tom.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy