[raw] [/raw] outputted, instead of actual form.

Home Forums Quform WordPress [raw] [/raw] outputted, instead of actual form.

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    annelli
    Participant

This is actually one I would be rather grateful for if themecatcher could explain.

I’ve just created my second form with the Quform builder for WordPress.

It displays very beautifully in the form “preview” view, but alas, once I add the shortcode to my page which I have done on separate occasions both manually and by using the Quform ‘insert’ feature that is seen on every page – upon save and refresh it will display not the form, but rather calls back what I now find to be a very annoying code piece and it goes like this:

[raw]

[/raw]

First of all, you’d be surprised at what I could do without any coding knowledge, but frankly, I’m not a coder, now that it suits me fine 😉

In any event I cannot think of how to resolve this, when the general idea with quform is that you don’t get to work with any code (thus you can see how I’m at a total loss when a piece of code like this is returned), or become involved with anything that has to do with how this code snippet -> (referring to shortcode used in page ‘edit’ view to embed the form i.e., and not the above form output).. actually recalls the ‘real money’ from wherever the form is stored (I’ll assume this is in a database). Call-to action script is the process here that comes to mind, although not sure if I am correct in saying so – but that all aside.

So in my opinion, anything that I should know about this form is the front-end that I work with, the fact that it displays correctly in preview mode sure enough, and any settings I am able to configure, which you’ll have no doubt I’ve revised on many an occasion and over scrutinised to points yonder scrutability and I’ll put my hat down on the table these settings are quite correct and not unlike that I have configured in my other form (I’ll refer to it as form 1, the working form), which might I add is displaying absolutely fine on it’s own little page, including the page which will not display form 2 on the very same WordPress site.

At this stage I am not prepared to investigate the possibility of an external (as in secondary) plugin that is at fault and I’m not going to begin sifting, purely because I have an existing form working on the site, which I am able to add to as many a page I like. (I therefore strongly feel the issue lies within/has to do with the problematic form itself, or the action script for that matter that is responsible for recalling the right form and content to finally be displayed on page)

Now that you have the bigger picture I’ll assume…

As to why the above output is displayed instead of my beautiful form 2, I am still a bit puzzled, and don’t know quite where to begin my search.

I think now would be a more dazzling opportunity to say, that any help or input would be [greatly] appreciated. 🙂 Though please only calculated and knowledgeable responses where possible. – Take care.

tsjdesign
    Participant

I am having the same issue – small forms seem to work, but larger, more complex forms give the [raw] [/raw] response. issue is illustrated here: http://www.riverridgerottweilers.com/faq – the first form is small and shows fine, the second is large and does not…

tsjdesign
    Participant

Fixed this using the info you provided here https://support.themecatcher.net/quform-wordpress/troubleshooting/common-problems/form-wrapped-in-raw-tags – Thanks for the extensive help pages!

annelli
    Participant

You know, you might have just saved me a very unwanted headache. I have tried these suggestions and the form now works perfectly as it should. 🙂

That piece of code scared me alright. Have a very blessed week!

• This reply was modified 10 years, 8 months ago by annelli.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy