SMTP Problem on PHP 5.6

Home Forums Quform PHP SMTP Problem on PHP 5.6

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    demyord
    Participant

As I had smtp problems on php 5.6, I bought your script. However, I have problems with your script, too. Could you please help me with the problems reported below

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘phpmailerException’ with message ‘SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting’ in /home/MY-WEB-SITE/public_html/quform/lib/class.phpmailer.php:1487
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/MY-WEB-SITE/public_html/quform/lib/class.phpmailer.php(1323): PHPMailer->smtpSend(‘Date: Sun, 13 N…’, ‘This is a multi…’)
    #1 /home/MY-WEB-SITE/public_html/quform/lib/class.phpmailer.php(1203): PHPMailer->postSend()
    #2 /home/MY-WEB-SITE/public_html/quform/process.php(378): PHPMailer->send()
    #3 /home/MY-WEB-SITE/public_html/quform/process.php(431): process(Object(Quform), Array)
    #4 {main}
    thrown in /home/MY-WEB-SITE/public_html/quform/lib/class.phpmailer.php on line 1487

Kind Regards,
    Ahmet

support

Hi,

What is your SMTP server ? What is your host and your port ? Have you entered the credentials correctly ?

Regards,

Félix

demyord
    Participant

Hello Felix,

Thank you for your reply. As I wrote in my first post I have had other forms so far. So my SMTP server informations are correct. For example a week ago the website I designed was running on Windows server and we could at least send a message to Gmail but as I coded it with PHP I asked the company to move it into a Linux server and the problem started to occur. Now it doesn’t send email even to Gmail. Still :

$config[‘smtp’] = array(
    ‘host’ => ‘mail.MY-WEBSITE.com’,
    ‘port’ => 587, (I tried any options like 465 – 25)
    ‘username’ => ‘info@MY-WEBSITE.com’,
    ‘password’ => ‘MY-PASSWORD’,
    ‘encryption’ => ‘ssl’
    );

Regards,

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

demyord
    Participant

Thank you very much for your answer dear Ally,

I will try it as soon as possible and will let you know about the result.

By the way, as far as I have read on internet, on forums, this solution is not a secure way, am I right? I mean, as the issue is related to SSL certificate of course it is not related to you or your form but what kind of responsibilities does the hosting company have? Should we provide a self SSL cert. for sure?

Plus, what about this issue for the next PHP versions released after 5.6? Do you have any information about it? I mean, is it something temporary or had we better get a certificate?

Kind regards,

support

Hi,

I’m not sure, but it will probably stay like that, so probably easier to get a certificate if you want to be 100% safe. As for the responsibilities, always speak with the client to explain him what’s happening and what are the costs if he wants the safest way.

Hope this helps !

Félix

demyord
    Participant

Hello again,

I keep receiving the following errors no matter whatever I try. Also I cannot send to Gmail as well.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘phpmailerException’ with message ‘SMTP Error: Could not authenticate.’ in /home/MY-WEB-SITE/public_html/quform/lib/class.phpmailer.php:1638
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/MY-WEB-SITE/public_html/quform/lib/class.phpmailer.php(1486): PHPMailer->smtpConnect(Array)
    #1 /home/MY-WEB-SITE/public_html/quform/lib/class.phpmailer.php(1323): PHPMailer->smtpSend(‘Date: Tue, 22 N…’, ‘This is a multi…’)
    #2 /home/MY-WEB-SITE/public_html/quform/lib/class.phpmailer.php(1203): PHPMailer->postSend()
    #3 /home/MY-WEB-SITE/public_html/quform/process.php(378): PHPMailer->send()
    #4 /home/MY-WEB-SITE/public_html/quform/process.php(431): process(Object(Quform), Array)
    #5 {main}
    thrown in /home/MY-WEB-SITE/public_html/quform/lib/class.phpmailer.php on line 1638

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

demyord
    Participant

Thank you for your reply Ally,

Yes, I had already tried Gmail allow on account setting. Still, I tried it with your link as well. As I said before, 2 weeks ago when our website was on Windows server we were able to send to Gmail…

And the troubleshooting. I downloaded it again and I tried it again. I tried it with our gmail account and the errors shown after my last try is below:

2016-11-23 20:30:28 SMTP ERROR: Failed to connect to server: (0)
    2016-11-23 20:30:28 SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘phpmailerException’ with message ‘SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting’ in /home/MY-WEB-SITE/public_html/quform/lib/class.phpmailer.php:1487
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/MY-WEB-SITE/public_html/quform/lib/class.phpmailer.php(1323): PHPMailer->smtpSend(‘Date: Wed, 23 N…’, ‘This is a test …’)
    #1 /home/MY-WEB-SITE/public_html/quform/lib/class.phpmailer.php(1203): PHPMailer->postSend()
    #2 /home/MY-WEB-SITE/public_html/quform/smtp-check.php(59): PHPMailer->send()
    #3 {main}
    thrown in /home/MY-WEB-SITE/public_html/quform/lib/class.phpmailer.php on line 1487

Best Regards

support

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, your situation is quite unusual. Ally will be having a look into this soon.

Thanks for your patience,
    Regards,

Félix

Ally
    Support Staff

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy