Spam entries from russia

Home Forums Quform WordPress Spam entries from russia

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I am receiving lot of spam entries from Russian IPs. How can I fix this, as it seems some kind of bot filling the contact us page query form.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

The form already have CAPTCHA with 4 letters.
    How can I have more protection from spam bots

The form has the Honeypot enabled, how can I get this done:

Using a Honeypot captcha

Step 1
    Add this field anywhere inside your form HTML

<div class="quform-hidden">
    This field should be left blank <input type="text" name="field">
    </div>

Step 2
    Add this code to your form process file (e.g. process.php) at the element confuration section:

$honeypot = new Quform_Element('field');
    $honeypot->addValidator('honeypot');
    $honeypot->setIsHidden(true);
    $form->addElement($honeypot);

Thanks

Where can I find the process.php, also now having the issues with reCAPTCHA.

I have created a new test form and removed the captcha, and added the reCAPTCHA, but its giving an error; which I cant figure it.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

I have already used the CAPTCHA, but since 3 days, some russian ip based bot is spamming the contact us forms, and we are receiving enteries with spams. Currently we have blocked the ip subnet that are from russia.

I am now testing the reCAPTCHA insteaded of the CAPTCHA, but getting the error while submitting

An error occurred, please try again

http://bp.com.kw/subscribe-test/

But if I use the CAPTCHA, it is submited with out any error, and I do receive the emails, and have enteries in the database. But this is what the spammers are over coming with.

And the reCAPTCHA is failing, seems getting cornered.

Ally
    Support Staff

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy