Storm: No Slide Show in full screen Serene

Home Forums Storm WordPress Storm: No Slide Show in full screen Serene

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    tommy72060
    Participant

Hi, I just purchased Storm a few days ago.. I’m new to web development. (yikes!)

I’m making my way slowly and am stuck on something I can seem to fix. I have uploaded a GROUP of images pics and set that for my intro page

I believe I have everything set properly for the slide show to run through them all.. but they only open one image and then stay there with no slideshow. You can click through them.. but they won’t go on their own.

Transition and duration time settings seem ok.. definitely everything is clicked to start slideshow.. but it still hangs on the first open image.

Can you give any suggestions or have a look and see what you think? Thx!

http://www.thomasobrienphotography.com

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

tommy72060
    Participant

Hi, I just went to download it but it appears to be the same file. I only bought this a week or two ago. Can you tell me what leads you to believe its an older version? Sorry, but I’d like to avoid starting from scratch if it’s not definitely necessary.. Thank you.

themeforest-2844663-storm-wordpress-full-screen-background-theme

tommy72060
    Participant

Still there?? What is the current version of Storm, please?
    I believe I have version 1.2 loaded .. thank you.
    Thomas

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Ally
    Support Staff

tommy72060
    Participant

OK, thank you. Site’s backing up now. Will give update a try. (crosses fingers).

tommy72060
    Participant

Update to latest version of Storm (1.2.2) fixes slideshow problem, thx Ally.

tommy72060
    Participant

Hello.. I’m having trouble with the opening slideshow once again. I am trying to upload new images to my “frontslide” file under APPEARANCE > THEME OPTIONS > BACKGROUNDS > BACKGROUND IMAGE GROUPS > “Frontslide”

When I click the “edit group” tab, all my already uploaded files appear.. and when I press “upload” and browse to a new small jpg to upload I get an error message. Attaching error message screenshot below…

thx
    Thomas

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ally
    Support Staff

tommy72060
    Participant

Thanks Ally.. I’m with GoDaddy. Do THEY update Storm or do I? I actually have no idea how to update.. thx! =T=

Ally
    Support Staff

tommy72060
    Participant

Hi Ally.. I know it’s been a while.. but thank you, I finally got around to doing this. Back in business so far. Thx =T=

tommy72060
    Participant

Hi Ally… I’ve always updated WordPress with no problems but the latest version keeps getting the same “fail” message.

“The update cannot be installed because we will be unable to copy some files. This is usually due to inconsistent file permissions.: wp-admin/setup-config.php

Installation Failed”

No idea what this means and haven’t been able to browse to that “wp-admin/setup-config.php” page or find it at all. Is there any chance this is something with the theme? Any ideas?

Thanks as always!
    Thomas

Ally
    Support Staff

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy