Tool tip background colour

Home Forums Quform WordPress Tool tip background colour

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    nathanjrb
    Participant

Hi there,

I’ve obviously knocked a setting somewhere, but I can’t for the life of me find it.

The tooltip now has a red background colour. I can’t see a red setting anywhere.

How can I change it back to white?!

Love the form by the way. Really powerful!

Thanks,

Nathan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    katw
    Participant

Hi Nathan,

Edit Form > Click Form Settings [cog] > Style tab > Tooltips tab > scroll down to tooltip style.

see attached.

Hope that fixes it for you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    nathanjrb
    Participant

Hi Katw,

Thanks for the reply.

I’ve had a look there and the settings are identical to the ones you include in your screenshot. It is still red. Not really sure what to do!

Thanks,

Nathan

katw
    Participant

Hi Nathan,

Do you recall actually choosing red or playing with CSS styles for QTip?

To confirm you have STYLE ‘DARK (qtip-quform-dark)’ selected in your Tooltip style menu. Correct?

Is the issue with the tooltip icon or tooltip text bubble?

If ICON:

Add the following style to the QuForm > Settings > [Custom CSS & JS] tab.

insert:

.quform-tooltip-icon { color: black;}

You may need to flush cache if it doesn’t change via [Tweaks & Troubleshooting] tab… scroll bottom click [rebuild script cache].

You can add a ‘!important’ to the class if needed; but try without.

If TOOLTIP BUBBLE:

Assuming the style theme you chose was ‘qtip-quform-dark’; add the following style:

.qtip-quform-dark {
          background-color:#151515;/* default color for this theme */
          border-color:#151515;
    }
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by katw. Reason: Added question
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by katw. Reason: added qtip icon color fix
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by katw. Reason: added second fix
    nathanjrb
    Participant

Hi Kat,

Thanks for the speedy reply. There was a point when I was playing with some colours, but I don’t recall ever changing a colour for the tooltips.

Come to think of it, it was actually fine at one stage, it was only once I updated the theme that I got the issue. I have posted in the Theme Support forum too but they are “unable to offer support for third party plugins” although they are trying to be helpful. Still waiting on a response from them to see what they come up with. I think this may have triggered my issue with the drop downs too. (https://support.themecatcher.net/forums/topic/arrows-on-drop-down-select)

I have tried all three solutions you have posted there, but unfortunately they haven’t worked either.

Thanks,

Nathan

katw
    Participant

Is it the same form as the one you had issues with arrows?

I can have a look at page if live?

I just re-looked at your image from the first post and see it isn’t what I thought. Apologies the ideas above wouldn’t work as the red color is being applied ‘AROUND’ the Tip icon.

It has nothing to do with Quform settings. It is the theme.

If you share a link to a form showing this error I can look at it and advise.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by katw. Reason: Share link suggestion
    nathanjrb
    Participant

Hi Kat,

Really appreciate your help! The Uncode support team have helped me resolve the issue surrounding the drop down arrows. But I am still stuck with the red tool tips.

The problems are replicated across all forms.

You can take a look here:

Protected: Wedding Booking Form

Password is ‘password’.

Thanks,

Nathan

katw
    Participant

Found the culprit, a rogue style and unintentional I’m sure.

.quform-theme-minimal .quform-tooltip-icon {
        background: red;
    }

Have a look in QuForm > FORM > Settings > Style > Global > Theme

You are using ‘Minimal’ Theme and it has a CSS styling oops…

To fix this, goto QUFORM > Settings > Custom CSS

add:

.quform-theme-minimal .quform-tooltip-icon {
        background: none;
    }

And clear quform cache if it doesn’t take and if it is still being a pest add !important before the semi-colon.

BTW you should change password now 😉

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by katw. Reason: BTW
    nathanjrb
    Participant

Fixed! Thank you!

Was this an error myself or the theme triggered, or just a random error in development?

Thanks for all your help, really appreciate it 🙂

katw
    Participant

Hi Nathan,

It is IMO a style error in the release package.

It is fairly normal during development to tinker with background-colours (helps you see the changes you make). I think they forgot to reset it back to normal. It happens to the best of us.

I’m sure (after they read through our conversation) they will add it to bug fixes for next update.

All the best

nathanjrb
    Participant

Ah well, I’ve (but mostly you!) made a positive contribution to the form development and that’s great 😀

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy