Triggering popup with menu item

Home Forums Quform WordPress Triggering popup with menu item

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    markskoultchi
    Participant

Hey guys. Just curious to know if this is the most recent instruction on how to get a menu item to trigger a popup:

Showing a popup form by clicking a WP menu item

I can’t seem to get this to work for me. In fact, it crashes my site when I add this code to my functions.php file.

I’m running php version 7.1. Do you think that matters? I ask because the instructions are specific to 5.2 and 5.3.

Note: yes, I’ve enabled popups in the troubleshooting section of my Quform settings, a step that was recommended in a thread I read. 🙂

Appreciate any help you can provide!

Mark

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

markskoultchi
    Participant

Hey Ally. A bit delayed but following up on this. Still can’t get this to work. As soon as I add the code to my child theme’s functions.php file the site goes down. I’m attaching the code I’m trying to use.

Appreciate any help you can provide!

Thanks!

Mark

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

markskoultchi
    Participant

Works! Thanks so much, Ally. Not sure where the offending characters came from. I just copied the code from the Quform instructional post and pasted it directly into my functions file. Anyhoo, it works now! Very excited. 🙂

Thanks again!

Mark

markskoultchi
    Participant

Oh, one question though:

When I roll over the menu item it changes to a cursor rather than a hand icon (which is the icon that appears when I roll over any other menu item). Any way to create consistency, so the form menu item promtps a hand instead of a cursor?

Small detail, but a nice-to-have. 😉

Mark

markskoultchi
    Participant

Sorry, one additional question since I’ve got you on the hook. 😉

Best way to style the popup? In particular, the background color of it and the close (x) trigger?

Mark

Ally
    Support Staff

Ally
    Support Staff

markskoultchi
    Participant

This is brilliant, Ally. Thank you so much for the excellent support and help. I’ll give these tweaks a shot and let you know if i have any other questions related to this.

Thanks again, so much!

Mark

markskoultchi
    Participant

Hey Ally. Sorry, one more question. 🙂

I’d like to use the Magnific popup but I’m having trouble targeting it. If I want to use a unique background image what’s the selector for that popup??

Thanks again!

Mark

Ally
    Support Staff

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy