Update Quform at WordPress

Home Forums Quform WordPress Update Quform at WordPress

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    millie_ebg
    Participant

Hi,

I’m currently using an older version of Quform Form Builder (Version 1.3.6). I have purchased a new license. How should make an update to the plugin? Does it automatically checked and notify me with a link to update at the wp admin? Or do I need to manually install the new version to my wp site?

Thanks!

millie_ebg
    Participant

Hi,

Ok! I just got an update link to update the plugin at the wp admin. The updated version is 1.0 which only compatible up to 4.8.1 wordpress. But now wordpress has a 4.8.2 version, is the plugin compatible as well? My wordpress site needs to be updated.

patdundee
    Participant

Hi millie
    I am a user of a few of these forms and have had them for a few years on a few sites.

If you purchased from Code Canyon /Themeforest do the following to see if it will migrate

Your new licence should be for Version 2.0.1

Do not remove or uninstall V1.x

Back up your database and plugins folder

Install the new V2.0.1 by doing the following

Download the file and unzip it.
    Upload the Qform folder via FTP to the plug ins folder of your wordpress install
    Go to plugins in the admin section
    Activate Qform (Both iphorm and Qform will run side by side this way with all your data saved).

Go to Qform / Settings / Licence and Updates
    Enter your new licence
    Then go to Qform / Tools Select Migrate
    Qform will import the forms from 1.x
    Leave both plugins activated so your old forms work still on V1.x

You can then play around with them in Qform 2.0.1 and try them out with the shortcode for the new Qform

Hope that helps

🙂

P

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by patdundee.
    millie_ebg
    Participant

Hi P,

Does it mean that I will have 2 plugins working on my site if I follow your instructions above? If so, after the new Qform is working, should I remove the old form? Do I need to manually copy all the data of the old form to the new form setting?

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy