Update Syntax

Home Forums Quform PHP Update Syntax

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    davidjwest
    Participant

Hi,

I have the code working for updating the database but I also want to use the code to allow users to edit their entries, so I need it to do updates too.

Can you give me an example of the syntax to do an update please as I am not familiar with OO syntax for db operations.

Thanks.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Ally.
    davidjwest
    Participant

Thanks Ally.

This doesn’t work for me but it could easily be my code – how can I get the query to display somewhere so I can debug it?

I can’t echo it as that page isn’t actually displayed.

Thanks.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

davidjwest
    Participant

Thanks.

It appears that the product ID isn’t being passed from the form script, I have the details in a hidden field:

<input type=’hidden’ name=’pid’ value=’3′>

And then this in the process-all-elements.php file:

$pid = $_POST[‘pid’];

But it isn’t getting set, do I need any validation etc?

Ally
    Support Staff

davidjwest
    Participant

Thanks – yes, here’s a link

http://vapourlove.co.uk/edit_multiple.php?pid=3

Obviously the value in pid changes and that populates the hidden value in the form, I can see it in the source code.

Ally
    Support Staff

davidjwest
    Participant

Yeah I get this:

[“pid”]=>
    string(1) “3”

davidjwest
    Participant

But when I assign it, the value isn’t showing up.

ie:

$pid=$_POST[‘pid’];

Isn’t assigning a value to $pid.

Ally
    Support Staff

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy