Using multiple recipients in Quform 2.0.1 appears to conflict with Post SMTP

Home Forums Quform WordPress Using multiple recipients in Quform 2.0.1 appears to conflict with Post SMTP

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    DavidRomano
    Participant

I’ve been experiencing apparantly random email failure from Quform 2 form submission via Post SMTP 1.7.7.

There appears to be a conflict when the form contains multiple recipients (entered field by field not comma separated list) as follows (from Post SMTP log)

Invalid “To” e-mail address “a:2:{i:0;s:29:”ID1xxx@bestfrenchmortgage.com”;i:1;s:28:”ID2xxx@bestfrenchmortgage.com”;}”

The workaround I have found is to have only a single recipient on the form but to add the additional recipients in the Additional Email Addresses in Post SMTP.

Is this a Quform 2 issue or is it a Post SMTP issue ?

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

DavidRomano
    Participant

Hi Ally,

There is a bit of history behind this that I’d better explain.

I have 2 simillar sites (France and Italy) with near identical backends running on the same server. I’ve been using v1x Quform for a long time and it has been magnificently efficient and stable (mostly).

Around the 4th November I noticed that on one site not all cc emails were arriving but the other site was fine. I could not identify any cause – both sites running same level plugins and WP etc.

I assumed that the issue arose because I had not upgraded to v2 Quform so I did this immediately.

I implemented Postman for SMTP as per your installation guidelines.

This did not solve the problem, which was intermittent, and I considered that the issue might be related to either the Postman setup or the hosts email server.

After further testing the only configuration that seemed to consistently work was to have a single email in the Quform form and the cc emails in the Postman cc fields.

So, where I am now is that:

a. The problem was intermittent only affecting additional email addresses (after the first) when entered in the appropriate boxes not as a comma separated list.

b. WordPress has now been upgraded to 4.9

c. Postman has now been upgraded to 1.7.8

So, unless you have any idea why the problem should exhibit itself as an intermittent issue (in which case I’ll follow your advice) what I propose is to switch one site back to the cc’s being handled by Quform and leave the other with the cc’s being handled by Postman to see if any pattern emerges.

In all cases Quform is writing to the entries table.

D

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Ally
    Support Staff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy