Method 1 – Automatic update
The easiest way to update the plugin is to the use the built-in WordPress update system.
Version 1.4.10 and later
1. Go to Quform → Settings on the WordPress menu, and click the Check for updates button. If a new update is available there will be a link to the Updates page where you can update.
Before version 1.4.10
1. Go to Plugins → Installed Plugins on the WordPress menu. There should be an update notification under the Quform Form Builder row if you have an older version.
2. Click update now to install the newest version.
If the update notification does not show up, WordPress may not have checked for updates yet, refresh the page a couple of times or try again later. If all else fails, do the manual update method below.
Method 2 – Manual update
1. Go to Plugins → Installed Plugins on the WordPress menu and Deactivate the plugin.
2. Connect to your server via FTP and go to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
3. If you’ve modified any of the plugin files, backup those files, see the section below, Important information.
4. Delete the folder iphorm-form-builder, don’t worry your forms and settings will be safely stored in the database.
5. Extract the latest version of the iphorm-form-builder.zip file and upload the iphorm-form-builder folder.
6. Go to Plugins → Installed Plugins on the WordPress menu and Activate the plugin.
You will lose all forms and settings if you DELETE the plugin from the WordPress admin plugins page. All your forms and settings will be saved using both methods above.
If you have modified any of the plugins files, these changes will be overwritten when updating the plugin, make sure you have a backup copy of the changes and make the change again to the new version of the file after the update.
The following files will be automatically saved during Method 1 updates (but will be lost during Method 2), be sure to keep a backup just in case.
- iphorm-form-builder/css/custom.css – if it exists
- iphorm-form-builder/themes/* – any custom theme folder that is not part of the plugin will be saved, changes to any of the default themes will be overwritten
- iphorm-form-builder/js/uniform/themes/* – any custom Uniform theme folder that is not part of the plugin will be saved, changes to any of the default Uniform themes will be overwritten
- iphorm-form-builder/languages/* – any custom language .mo/.po file will be saved, default translation files will be overwritten