A bit confused about sending the contents of a contactform to the visitor

Home Forums Quform PHP A bit confused about sending the contents of a contactform to the visitor

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Martin_1
    Participant

I am somewhat confused.
    I have a contactform which a visitor fills with tye neccesary information. Now this form is submitted and the contents go to me. However I also want the contents being sent to the person who filled in the form.

I am not entirely sure how to achieve this.

I have set this:

$config[‘autoreply’] = true;

Is this correct or am I in the wrong place for what I want to achieve?

but I also see this:

* If you want the email to show from their name submitted from the name field as well, you
    * can use the code:
    * $config[‘autoreplyRecipient’] = array(‘%email%’ => ‘%name%’);

I don’t understand what is meant here.

Regards,

Martin

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Martin_1
    Participant

“If you copy the contents of emails/notification.php into emails/autoreply.php it will send all the form data to the user”

Could you elaborate a bit on this? Should I overwrite the contents of the emails/autoreply.php or just at it there?

Which part of the emails/notification.php should I copy? I can’t copy everything and add them because that would mean there are two body and html tags in one document :-).

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Martin_1
    Participant

Hm I did that and set $config[‘autoreply’] to true but it still doesn’t work. I am sure I am doing something wrong but I can’t seem to figure it out. Could you take a look at the files for me?

I am trying to get two forms on one page. The form I am currently working on is called contact.html and the processor is contact.php

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Martin_1
    Participant

Okay now I am really confused :-). I seem to be getting (as a visitor) a mail after waiting for over 3 hours. But it isn’t showing any comments. Just my name, emailaddress and IP number.

I would really appreciate if you could take a closer look at my code.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 1 month ago by Martin_1.
    Ally
    Support Staff

Martin_1
    Participant

Hi Ally,

I will give it a try and see where it leads me :-). I assume it doesn’t really matter where I place this in the process file?

Martin

Ally
    Support Staff

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy