adding Name to from email address header

Home Forums Quform WordPress adding Name to from email address header

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    tripros
    Participant

Hi,
    Is there any way to get the name of the person submitting the form to be in the email address so the name shows up as the FROM along with the email rather than just the email?

ie, Your Name <address@email.com>

Have a few systems that require a name to parse the emails and all quform emails don’t work, but other form plugins I’ve tried work fine because they add the name.

Thanks!

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

tripros
    Participant

Thanks Ally, we’re using a framework theme so the functions file can’t be edited. How could we handle this in this case?

Thanks!

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

charliemoss
    Participant

Will this allow the name entered in one of the form fields be used as the “from” name. For example, on my form a text field “full name” is what I would like to use as the name in “name <email>”.

Is this not possible to add this to the settings as I am not a developer.

Ally
    Support Staff

charliemoss
    Participant

Will it replace email with name, which will not work, or will it add name to email to give name<email>

• This reply was modified 10 years, 7 months ago by charliemoss.
    Ally
    Support Staff

charliemoss
    Participant

I will have to hire a developer to do this so I want to clear that it will work before doing so.

Which name will it add? I wish it to use one of the text fields from the form

e.g. a_text_field <an_email_address_field>

Quform is an excellent product but I think that this option should be added to the actual script. It is such an obvious thing that I expected Quform to have this functionality and would not have purchased if I’d known it did not.

Ally
    Support Staff

Ally
    Support Staff

charliemoss
    Participant

Would it possible to do the little plugin as I’m sure others will be interested.

Ally
    Support Staff

charliemoss
    Participant

I forget to thank you. Adding to the functions worked great. I think it should be in the next version as dropdown.

Ally
    Support Staff

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy