After Update – An error occurred submitting the form

Home Forums Quform WordPress After Update – An error occurred submitting the form

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rseigel
    Participant

As above, suddenly getting this error after updating to latest version.

I’ve been through everything (including suggestions in help files) but I can’t figure out what’s wrong.

This is a pretty complicated form unfortunately. Other forms work fine. This form worked fine in the past.

Any other suggestions on this error?

Thanks,

Ron

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

rseigel
    Participant

I sent you an email Ally.

Thanks.

rseigel
    Participant

If anyone else ever has this problem here’s the answer.

Turns out the form I was trying to submit was too long and was triggering ModSecurity.

I was getting the following error message in my error log:

[Sun Apr 10 09:34:10 2016] [error] [client xx.xxx.xx.xxx] ModSecurity: Access denied with code 403 (phase 2). Operator GT matched 15 at TX:sql_injection_score. [file "/etc/httpd/modsecurity.d/modsecurity_crs_49_inbound_blocking.conf"] [line "51"] [id "4049002"] [msg "SQL Injection Detected (score 19): SQL Comment Sequence Detected."] [hostname "mydomain.com"] [uri "/form-title/"] [unique_id "VwpWUmjP4pMAAS7WHswAAAAc"]

Ally suggested adding the following to my main .htaccess

<IfModule mod_security.c>
    SecRuleRemoveById 4049002
    </IfModule>

This would have worked except my host had to do it on their end.

After that – IT WORKS!

Thanks a million for all your help Ally. You’re by far the best plugin dev I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with (and this isn’t the first time you’ve helped me).

Ron

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy