An Ajax Error Occurred

Home Forums Quform PHP An Ajax Error Occurred

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    slavallee
    Participant

Help! I’m getting this message when submitting forms: There was a problem An Ajax error occurred.

I have no idea where to go from here, as I’ve used this script many times and I’ve never had this problem. It was working fine on my development site, but now it’s not working on the production site. These are both hosted on GoDaddy Linux servers. The PHP versions were different, so I made them the same, but that didn’t do anything. I removed the jQuery, plugins.js and scripts.js files and the form does go through, but it takes the user to another page with the success message.

The only other difference between these two sites is that the production site (level1analytics.com) has an SSL certificate. The dev site is at lshdinteractive.com/level1

Thanks.

slavallee
    Participant

I just realized that the notification emails are going through to the recepient even though that Ajax error message comes up. Not sure what the best course of action is, but I’m thinking I might just be able to eliminate that message altogether, and put in a success message. I’m looking at plugins.js, but I’m not 100% on how to make that happen. Thanks.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

multiplestates
    Participant

Hi I am getting the same error, There was a problem An Ajax error occurred.

I am not running WordPress, it is a flat build.

It worked on my server but when uploading to the clients server I get the error, but the form still sends.

Thanks,

Kevin

*sorry this was my fault of not updating the URL of the resources. It was loading the form from my staging server

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by multiplestates. Reason: Was not an issue with the form, but a user error
    slavallee
    Participant

Mine is also not WordPress, I’m using the PHP version.

slavallee
    Participant

I’m finding that since the production site now has an SSL cert, certain things are breaking (My development site was not under SSL). For example, I’ve had to edit absolute links to resources by removing the ‘http:’ at the beginning of links. Also, I found that some of my jQuery scripts weren’t working until I removed the ‘$(document).ready(function(){‘ surrounding the code. Could one of these or something like this be affecting the form function?

Thanks.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

slavallee
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll try to get a test page up soon.

Kelvin Lee
    Participant

How do we do the debug and troubleshoot, what we can do if we turn the debug?

Kelvin

Ally
    Support Staff

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy