An error occurred submitting the form

Home Forums Quform WordPress An error occurred submitting the form

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    bananadan
    Participant

I am receiving the following message (An error occurred submitting the form) when people submit the form from (https://www.weddingrings.net/return-authorization-request/).
    Can you help me track down why this message is appearing?
    Thank you,
    Dan Globus

bananadan
    Participant

Can I safely supply WordPress login details here so that you can investigate this situation?

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

bananadan
    Participant

Hello Ally:
    I have just e-mailed the debug log file to you. It is coming from (dan@ds4j.com). Please let me know your thoughts on how to address this.
    Thank you very much,
    Dan

cjvezeau
    Participant

Here is the entry from the debug log (in WP-Content), but I have no idea what to do with it. I’m using SMTP for ALL forms (global settings).

[02-Jun-2015 15:34:42 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘phpmailerException’ with message ‘Invalid address: {admin_email}’ in /home/neotechn/public_html/clients/proservices/wp-includes/class-phpmailer.php:762
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/neotechn/public_html/clients/proservices/wp-includes/class-phpmailer.php(723): PHPMailer->addAnAddress(‘bcc’, ‘{admin_email}’, ”)
    #1 /home/neotechn/public_html/clients/proservices/wp-content/plugins/iphorm-form-builder/includes/common.php(715): PHPMailer->addBCC(‘{admin_email}’)
    #2 /home/neotechn/public_html/clients/proservices/wp-content/plugins/iphorm-form-builder/includes/common.php(512): iphorm_process_form()
    #3 [internal function]: iphorm_process_form_ajax(”)
    #4 /home/neotechn/public_html/clients/proservices/wp-includes/plugin.php(496): call_user_func_array(‘iphorm_process_…’, Array)
    #5 /home/neotechn/public_html/clients/proservices/wp-settings.php(374): do_action(‘wp_loaded’)
    #6 /home/neotechn/public_html/clients/proservices/wp-config.php(91): require_once(‘/home/neotechn/…’)
    #7 /home/neotechn/public_html/c in /home/neotechn/public_html/clients/proservices/wp-includes/class-phpmailer.php on line 762

cjvezeau
    Participant

A few updates:

– I replaced {admin_email} with an actual email address, and it worked….but only using PHP mail() method (vs. SMTP).

– Changing to SMTP results in the same error (even with change above).

– Why wouldn’t default {admin_email} work?

– The client uses Google Apps email. We set up a special email for sending/receiving email with QuForm (no-reply@company.com). Google sent us this page for configuration: https://support.google.com/a/answer/176600?hl=en

– How can I get SMTP to work with Google. I am using the smtp-relay.gmail.com (but have also tried smtp.gmail.com). My preference is to also use TLS or SSL.

cjvezeau
    Participant

So, I can’t get SMTP to work for the life of me. I guess I’ll run with PHP mail() method for now.

– If you can, please respond with your thoughts on why the {admin_email} variable isn’t working.

– And how I can get QuForms to work with Google Apps.

Thanks!

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy