Autoreply gets the SMTP email instead the [‘autoreplyFrom’]

Home Forums Quform PHP Autoreply gets the SMTP email instead the [‘autoreplyFrom’]

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Xavi
    Participant

Hello,

While submiting the contact form, the user recieves an autoreply (everything works charm!)

The problem comes when the e-mail from the autoreply is the same as the one on the SMTP.

Trying to solve the problem I added the following e-mail on this line:

$config['autoreplyFrom'] = 'email@mydomain.ro'; but it does not work. (please, note that the domain from autoreply from is different of the original on SMTP, but also changing it to the same (original) does not work either)

In the other hand, as suposed (and also well documentated on your files), doing the configuration with the PHP mail() function does not work with Gmail servers, so I had to solve the problem with the SMTP config.

Also let me attatch the code from SMTP to see if I am missing something:

$config['smtp'] = array(
    'host' => 'smtp.gmail.com',
    'port' => 465,
    'username' => 'email@mydomain.com',
    'password' => 'password',
    'encryption' => 'ssl'
    );

Could attatch an alias as a sender of the autoreply on the SMTP config? (at least could be a valid solution).

Thank you in advance,

Xavi Alsina

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy