Beginner Question: change column layout generation

Home Forums Quform WordPress Beginner Question: change column layout generation

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TheAlcesh
    Participant

Hi everyone,

we are currently trying to re-build a simple form (has been build before on pure HTML, so users have an expectation how it should look and feel) where users input a bunch of text and then submit it.
    We have been pretty successful so far – except the output of used column layouts looks a bit different then aniticipated and confusing in send mails – and on mobile devices you can see what the confusion with the output is as well, since they have a smaller screen and change the layouts in a similar way the send mail does.

For a better reference i attached 2 screenshots – the first one (1) shows the form on a normal desktop computer (and in the editor).
    Users expect to enter the fields in the way they are numbered in the screenshot: 1->2->3->4
    So we expected the form to also send it in a similar manner in the mails.
    The second screenshot shows the real output in the mail (or on mobile devices) due to the way the column layout is generated with the columns first.

So long story short question: Is there a way to generate this column layout with “table rows” first?
    So we can recreate the look and feel for the whole communication chain (so mails also output 1->2->3->4 instead of the mixed version).

If i can provide any further information let me know 🙂

Best regards
    Alcesh

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

TheAlcesh
    Participant

Hi Ally,

thats the simple solution i thought i overlooked – thanks for helping me see clearly 😀
    I changed everything to a “single line” column view and now it looks and works as needed.

Thank you very much.

How do i mark this post as resolved? I can’t find an option or button for this.

Best regards
    Alcesh

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy