Change Delimiter in Export

Home Forums Quform WordPress Change Delimiter in Export

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mtupuschies
    Participant

Hi there,

is there any chance to change the delimiter to something else other than Comma?
    When users type in a price like 19,99€ I always get a little issue when opening the export in Excel. Same with text in paragraph fields.

Hope you can help. I’d like to use | or something like that.

Thanks,
    Marcel

karsayor
    Participant

Hello

Additionnaly, in european version of Excel, the CSV separator is ; and not ,

Not a big deal to change it by using search & replace, but it would be useful to be able to change the separator.

Thanks guys !

Philippe

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

karsayor
    Participant

Hello

Thanks for these solutions !

karsayor
    Participant

Hello

It seems the text identifier option does not work. I tried it again today but it still consider the comma in textfield as column separator 🙁

I double checked that the text delimiter was , and that the text identificator was ”

If I change comme to semicolons as you advised, it works, at least if the text doesn’t contain semicolon I think because I didn’t tried 🙂

See attached pictures how it looks in db (Opened in Notepad++) and then imported, maybe it will help you.

BTW, this issue might be related also to this topic : https://support.themecatcher.net/forums/topic/export-file-is-messed-up

I am able to export data with your tricks, but I just wanted to advise if you want to correct this issue.

Regards

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

karsayor
    Participant

I use Excel 2013. Ok then I’ll wait for the next version, any idea when it will be released ?

Thanks

Ally
    Support Staff

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy