concatenate several form elements into one

Home Forums Quform WordPress concatenate several form elements into one

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    HninYu
    Participant

Is it possible to concatenate several form elements into one?
    In other words, is it possible to split a single element into parts ( something like in Name)?
    e.g I would like to combine 3 form elements (select menu + select menu + text) into single field in both entries view and email notification.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

HninYu
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to follow your suggestion but the combined field was not shown either in email for form entries.
    In NRC-1 (1_194), NRC-2 (1_191)& NRC-3 (1_193), I set OFF “show in email” and “save to database” options and I turn ON those options only in the combined field (1_196), as shown in attachment.
    In order to hide the combined field, I enabled conditional logic and set some rules to make sure the field is not appear on the form.
    and I write the following codes in code snipper plugin, but it is not working. Please suggest me how to solve this.

add_filter(‘quform_post_validate_1’, function (array $result, Quform_Form $form) {
    $combined = $form->getValue(‘quform_1_194’) . $form->getValue(‘quform_1_191’) . $form->getValue(‘quform_1_193’);

$form->setValue(‘quform_1_196’, $combined);

return $result;
    }, 10, 2);

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

HninYu
    Participant

Sorry for my silly question but how can I add hidden field?

Ally
    Support Staff

HninYu
    Participant

Thanks Ally. It is working now. But the field title appears as “Hidden” in data entries. How to change the hidden filed title? Thanks.

Ally
    Support Staff

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy