Conditional Logic: Unchecking Option A should Uncheck Option B

Home Forums Quform WordPress Conditional Logic: Unchecking Option A should Uncheck Option B

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    pixelforce
    Participant

I have created a list of checkboxes that will display another list of checkboxes depending on what is chosen.

If in the first group of checkboxes Option A is chosen – The Second Group is revealed. Then in the second group of checkboxes Option B is chosen. No problem, this works great. But if the user changes his mind and unchecks Option A – the Second Group hides itself but Option B is still Chosen.

Is there a way that if Option A is unchecked then it will also uncheck option B?

If there was a Third Group it gets even more complicated. Unchecking Option A from the First Group will hide the Second Group, but not the Third Group – if option B had been chosen in the Second Group.

Am I missing something…?

Thanks for the help – love the Plugin! so far…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

pixelforce
    Participant

Okay this makes sense but…

If the user checks something in the First Checkbox Group it will display the Second Group containing a Second Checkbox Group and the Third Checkbox Group. No Problem so far.

If the user Changes their mind and unchecks the box in the First Group it will hide the Group containing the Second and Third Checkbox Groups, but not uncheck the boxes in those groups. Therefor I receive an email that they want something in the Third Checkbox Group but in fact they had changed their mind.

So this your solution will work great for hiding the Checkbox Groups correctly but the checkbox is still chosen. What needs to happen is if a checkbox is unchecked and the checkbox, has conditional logic associated with it, then everything after that box is cleared.

Hope I’m explaining this clearly…

Lee

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

pixelforce
    Participant

Sweet! Thank you!
    5 STARS BABBY!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy