Conflict with Google Custom Search plugin widget

Home Forums Quform WordPress Conflict with Google Custom Search plugin widget

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    AWOLexpat
    Participant

Hi,
    I put a Quform on a page on my site, along with the GCS widget some months ago and everything was hunky dory. However at some point after that, something changed (either WordPress, Quform or the Google Custom Search) which has caused the form not to appear on the page in question. I have only discovered this in the last week but have no clue when it started happening. Anyway, after many hours of searching, trying fixes and head scratching, I finally discovered that by not having the GCS widget on the same page as the form, it would display properly. The code for the form was always there, just nothing at all displaying but a blank white space where the form should have been.
    Quite an odd conflict which was very hard to work out the cause of. If anyone has a solution, or wants to test it out to see if it happens with them as well, I am using the latest versions of WP and both plugins. It was such a relief to find the cause that i wanted to make sure others knew. I have also posted on the GCS plugin page on WP.

Allan
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

AWOLexpat
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.

One of the first things I did was to check the Quform plugin and update it but it made no difference. I also tried disabling various parts of the plug in but again it made no difference. The only thing that would make the form actually appear on the page rather than a huge blank space was to not display the GCS widget on that page – note I haven’t had to deactivate it just make sure it doesn’t appear on that particular page, which suggests a jquery conflict. However I am not an experienced enough coder to know how to deal with that. I do also use the Use Google Libraries plugin as well if that has any impact. The error that prompted me to try removing the GCS widget from the page was the following in the Chrome javascript console:

Uncaught TypeError: Object function (a,c,d){var e=a.split(“.”)[0],f;a=a.split(“.”)[1];f=e+”-“+a;if(!d){d=c;c=b.Widget}b.expr[“:”][f]=function(h){return!!b.data(h, a)};b[e]=b[e]||{};b[e][a]=function(h,g){arguments.length&&this._createWidget(h,g)};c=new c;c.options=b.extend(true,{},c.options);b[e][a].prototype=b.extend(true,c,{namespace:e,widgetName:a,widgetEventPrefix:b[e][a].prototype.widgetEventPrefix||a,widgetBaseClass:f},d);b.widget.bridge(a,b[e][a])} has no method ‘extend’

It took me quite a while before I got to that particular widget though!

I don’t particularly need the search on that page so it is not a big deal for me, but I thought someone else may benefit from the time I put in trying to find the culprit. I am actually considering having the form pop up instead rather than loading another page anyway. It was just odd that it worked when I first added the form to the page and then stopped working but I can’t give any clue as to what change might have caused that.

AWOLexpat
    Participant

I’ve just had a further thought that may well impact on this – I have the GSC widget set to ‘Popup’ in the Display Results dropdown option, which maybe Alan didn’t try? The behaviour exhibited is the same on another page where I wanted the Quform to popup so there is definitely a conflict, although whether it is the fault of GSC or Quform I couldn’t say.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

AWOLexpat
    Participant

Hi Ally,
    I have just tried that but no go. I have now set up the Quform to appear as a popup on this page – http://www.awolonline.net/property/submit-a-property/ – when you click ‘Submit Your Property Now!’;
    If I disable the GSC widget from appearing on that page the form works but as it is now it doesn’t. I will leave it as it is (with the jquery for Quform disabled and the GSC widget enabled) for the next hour or so for you to look at but I need to revert it back to a working state as this is a business website.

Any help you can give is very appreciated though.

Ally
    Support Staff

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy