Create an empty field behaviour

Home Forums Quform WordPress Create an empty field behaviour

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    TheAlcesh
    Participant

Hi there,
    i am trying to create a behaviour for “all” empty fields.
    I can’t use a default value for those fields, since our users tend to start typing after the default value – which causes it to always be present in the submitted form and making the content a bit jibberish.
    My current idea would be some custom code which iterates over all the text-fields and check if they are empty/null – and if so, changes the content to our default value.
    I’m currently stuck with understanding the datastructure(s) provided by QuForm – i don’t intend to ask you for help in developing the code – just some help understanding the right way to go.

Is there a build-in way i can use to create this behaviour?
    Is the hook “quform_pre_process” the right one or would you recommend another one?

How do i iterate over all of the Text/Textarea fields in my form, without listing them each by hand?
    I was looking for an attribute to iterate over (e.g. for each $field => if $field.type equals text/textarea ==> do something) – but couldn’t find one.

Best regards
    Alcesh

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

TheAlcesh
    Participant

Worked like a charm.
    Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy