Creating a gallery within a portfolio page…

Home Forums Storm WordPress Creating a gallery within a portfolio page…

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ivopivo
    Participant

I am having trouble with the following… When logged into wordpress and when I go into Portfolio, I can easily add pages to it so that they appear on my website in the fancybox 3 column format. However, what I would like to do and what I’m having trouble is this… within those pages that are in the Portfolio, I would like to create a gallery that looks exactly like the fancybox 3 column, but I’m having trouble in that it always points to the photos I add for the pages in the Portfolio.

To try and clarify, I want my Portfolio page to look like this, which I have accomplished easily… http://demos.themecatcher.net/storm-wordpress/portfolio/fancybox-3-columns

What I am having trouble with is creating that same look of 3 rows of photos within a page on the Portfolio page. So if you click on the Sunrise page on the Portfolio, I would like that to basically have new gallery like fancybox with 3 columns, so when you open one photo it just turns into a popup of the bigger photo and you can scroll back and forth.

I have been trying to find some help online but didn’t get any so figured I’d post here.

Thanks in advance!

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

ivopivo
    Participant

Ally, this is what I have now… http://lustrdetail.com/wordpress/portfolio/

The Portfolio page was created in the Pages category in WordPress and I simply inserted the shortcode [portfolio max="-1"]. I am happy with how that page looks except that “All” button, but I’m sure that’s an easy fix that I haven’t looked into yet.

What I am trying to accomplish is this:

On my current Portfolio page when I click on Read More on one of the items, Ferrari 458 in this example, I would like the page that opens up to look somewhat like this page (again without the All button)… http://lustrdetail.com/wordpress/portfolio/ferrari-458/

Basically, I want the Ferrari 458 page to look like the main Portfolio page, but only showing 3 columns of photos that are particular to that page, not the actual portfolio photos like the Portfolio page shows, which I keep coming up with. So in short, for the Ferrari 458 page, I’m basically trying to make a gallery (not the galleria which is my 2nd option) that looks exactly like the main Portfolio page in that there would be 3 columns of photos only of that Ferrari 458 and there are no titles, etc, so that I can just click on the image and then go through them back/forth via lightbox.

This is really the only/main issue I’m having with this theme, figuring out that gallery issue and getting rid of that All button would be a huge help.

Tanks again for the prompt reply.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

ivopivo
    Participant

Does that mean that for every image I want for the “Ferrari 458” page I have to create a Portfolio items and assign it to the “Ferrari 458” category? Is there a way I can assign the images which I uploaded in the Media section to a specific category so the shortcode on that “Ferrari 458” page can display those images then? Seems like a lot of work would be involved if I had to add a portfolio item for each picture for each portfolio section, such as if I wanted 9 images for the “Ferrari 458” page I would need the actual page then 9 more items with an image.

ivopivo
    Participant

The other issue is when I do add items for the Portfolio section, they also show up on the main Portfolio page, which I don’t want.

ivopivo
    Participant

Ally based on what you told me earlier, I was able to make the pages look just as I originally wanted.

Portfolio: http://lustrdetail.com/wordpress/portfolio/
    Ferrari 458: http://lustrdetail.com/wordpress/portfolio/ferrari-458/

The way I did this is by:

1. Creating 2 Portfolio categories, “Portfolio” and “Ferrari 458”.
    2. Then in Pages section, in the Portfolio Page, I limited the shortcode for the “Portfolio” category.
    3. Then back in the actual Portfolio section of WordPress, I created the Ferrari 458 item and put it in the “Portfolio” category. This allowed me to limit what shows on the Portfolio page on my website.
    I then created items in the Portfolio section named “Ferrari 458 1”, “Ferrari 458 2”, etc. up to 6. I didn’t write any text in there and I simply put a featured image in there that I wanted to show and I put these in the “Ferrari 458” category obviously, so they only show up on the Ferrari 458 page.

If this is the only way to do it, then I got it, but it just seems way too much work for what I’m trying to do. For only 1 item on my Portfolio website page, I need the main Portfolio item that will show up on the Portfolio page and lead into that new page, but I also need an additional Portfolio item for each image I want to show on the actual new page, which in this case is 6 photos.

Thanks again for all the help and please let me know if there is a better, more efficient way to accomplish what I have in the two links above. Thanks!

Ally
    Support Staff

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy