Custom notification email text

Home Forums Quform WordPress Custom notification email text

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dreoin
    Participant

Hello,

I’m trying to setup a custom email notification that uses the response to questions and creates a text statement. Here is an example:

Form question: Please rate your satisfaction on a scale of 0-5…..(the person selects the “3” radio button)
    on the back end, the “customized value” for “3” would read: “reported satisfaction of 3/5”. So the text statement “reported satisfaction of 3/5” would appear on the notification email.

If a person did not select an answer and the question was not required, then there would be no text statement generated. This works fine for a single selection multiple choice element. It does not work with an element that can have multiple check boxes selected. Here is another example:

Form question: Please select your top three favorite colors: red orange yellow green …….
    I cannot figure out how to set up the text statement so that if a person selected red, orange and yellow the text statement would read “favorite colors: red, orange, yellow”. If I added “favorite colors:” to the notification email body and the question was not answered, there would just a hanging statement in the notification email.

Ideas that might work if possible: code the question label into the response, 2. code the admin label into the response.

Any other ideas would be helpful. I can give more example of what I’m trying to do via email.

Thanks!

Eoin

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

dreoin
    Participant

Hi Ally,

thanks for all your help, my custom email notifications are working great. I have a question about adding punctuation to the email_contents.php file. Can I add HTML to the file? I tried adding html but I was getting an error when submitting the form. I want to put in a period (.) at the end of a group of elements but don’t want to put it in an element text, could advise a good way to do it?

Thanks!

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy