digits validator not working?

Home Forums Quform WordPress digits validator not working?

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    a.lettieri
    Participant

Hello,
    Digit validator has 2 issues:
    1) it only works when the field is mandatory. When it’s not, it lets me put letters as well with no warnings.
    2) when I customize the error message, and the field is mandatory, if I put letters in the field it shows the mandatory field warning, not the customized one.

Can anyone help me?

a.lettieri
    Participant

I only tried the digit validator, not sure if the other ones are working correctly to be honest.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by Ally.
    a.lettieri
    Participant

1. Not true. https://screenpal.com/watch/c0XiQkVGiLI As you can see form is submitted even with letters in the field. Check attachment for my validators settings. What am I missing?

2. Ok thanks, I’ll remove the filter then.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

a.lettieri
    Participant

I think I get it now: since it’s not a required field, if a user puts letters in it the filter will strip them and move on to the next step\submit, so it doesn’t warn the user that he has to put only numbers.
    Guess I either remove the filter as you said or make it a required field to make it work.

a.lettieri
    Participant

the only thing is that since the filter has a priority over the validation, like you explained before, it will only show that it’s a mandatory field and not why it won’t proceed. I guess I have to trust the user on that being self-explanatory.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ally
    Support Staff

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy