Download file after submit

Home Forums Quform WordPress Download file after submit

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    oivanr
    Participant

Hi,
    I am working in a form that get basic user information, record it in a table and after must download an apk file.
    I already record the information

global $wpdb;
    $current_user = wp_get_current_user();
    $usuarioLogin = $current_user->user_login;
    $dbTable = ‘wp_pilas_estudiantes’;
    $fechaHoy = date(‘Y-m-d’);
    $fechaVenc = time() + (5 * 24 * 60 * 60); // 5 días por 24 horas * 60 minutos * 60 segundos

$camposAfectados = [‘stdnt_codPais’ => $form->getValue(‘quform_38_14′),’stdnt_telefono’ => $form->getValue(‘quform_38_18’), ‘stdnt_usuario’ => $form->getValue(‘quform_38_3’),
    ‘stdnt_nombres’ => $form->getValue(‘quform_38_26’), ‘stdnt_apellidos’ => $form->getValue(‘quform_38_27’), ‘stdnt_licGrado’ => $form->getValue(‘quform_38_39’),
    ‘stdnt_clg_ID’ => $form->getValue(‘quform_38_69’), ‘stdnt_secc_ID’ => $form->getValue(‘quform_38_70’), ‘stdnt_registro’ => $form->getValue(‘quform_38_71’),
    ‘stdnt_licencia’ => $form->getValue(‘quform_38_72’), ‘stdnt_lic_venc’=>date(‘Y-m-d’,$fechaVenc), ‘usuario’=> $usuarioLogin];
    $wpdb->insert($dbTable, $camposAfectados);

But when I try to dowload the file true php is doesn’t work, because it keeps open the file and don’t download anything, just like it starts to dowloand but never ends.

$file = ‘http://127.0.0.1/pilas/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/pilas.apk’;
    header(‘Content-Description: File Transfer’);
    header(‘Content-Type: application/apk’);
    header(‘Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=’.basename($file));
    header(‘Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary’);
    header(‘Expires: 0’);
    header(‘Cache-Control: must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0’);
    header(‘Pragma: public’);
    header(‘Content-Length: ‘ . filesize($file));
    ob_clean();
    flush();
    readfile($file);
    exit;

Can you help me please.
    Thanks in advance

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Ally.
    oivanr
    Participant

Hi Ally,
    I didn’t work on this until now. That’s why I didn’t tell you the advance.
    Your solution redirecting the page is very good, it download the file, the problem now is that the form don´t finish the process (send you the image of the rounding circle working).
    What I mean the form is not finishin is
    a) Confirmation-> redirect to a custom URL: the file is dowloaded but the form keeps the information and don´t let to intoduce new information, The circle keeps rounding.
    b) Confirmation-> display a message and redirect to a custom URL: the file is downloaded, a message is displayed but don’t clear the fields and don’t let to introduce new information.
    I can’t give you access to the form because I am working in a local host previous to up the form to my website.
    What do you think is happenning?
    Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

oivanr
    Participant

Hi @Ally
    I did what you sad and I worked fine. You can close this issue.
    Now I will ask in another topic about js and popup forms with elementor.
    Thanks a lot,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy