E-mails not received from website form

Home Forums Quform WordPress E-mails not received from website form

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Polar Bear
    Participant

Hi Ally

OK I think I may have found something but will need your help. I don’t know if it has something to do with it and why it’s gone all funny now but here it is.

When we set up the domain name with Bluehost we used another host to handle all the e-mails. Therefore when you look at A (Host), CNAME and MX (Mail Exchanger) in Bluehost, anything to do with mail is pointing at the other e-mail server.

Perhaps that’s why Bluehost are saying their server is not getting the mail request.

It’s still curious though that this was working fine up until June this year.

Do you think that may have something to do with it? If so, is anything I can do to get around it?

Rgds

Polar Bear
    Participant

Hi Ally

Did you get my log-in details? Did you manage to look at the settings?

Rgds

Katherine
    Participant

Hi there,

I have the same situation.
    Everything was fine until I’ve updated wordpress, since then non emails are coming to us.
    Today again I found many enquiries in entries that haven’t been answered and we probably lost those clients already. Need to fix that. I tried twice updating the plugin but what happens is the web is blocking on maintenance mode, can’t access the dashboard, can’t view the page – nothing. Gone. Fortunately I had a backup as everything works for now but still can;t receive the forms.
    Any ideas how to sort this or how to update the plugin without messing the whole website up?

thanks,

Kath

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Polar Bear
    Participant

Hi Ally

Thanks for coming back. I set up one of the forms to work with SMTP work around but even this is not working. Is that because of the MX record?

Rgds

Ally
    Support Staff

Polar Bear
    Participant

Hi Ally

Interesting. I checked the MX record as you suggested. It was showing ‘remote’ on the ‘automatic detect’ setting. Instead of selecting ‘automatic’ I selected ‘remote’ and all appears to be working fine on PHP mail ().

I just received my first ‘test’ mail in months!

Fingers crossed!!

But really, a big thank you!

My situation is solved.

Rgds

Polar Bear
    Participant

Hi Ally

Also, just to add. I changed the static address to the exact domain address.

Rgds

Polar Bear
    Participant

Hi Ally

Sorry, it worked but now it’s no longer sending e-mails out again.

I’ll check with Bluehost.

Rgds

Polar Bear
    Participant

Hi Ally

OK. For those reading this mail thinking my problem was solved but wasn’t, well I can now confirm it was and I can tell you what the problem was.

The main problem was the hosting company had blocked any mails leaving our site because one of our e-mails linked to our domain had been compromised and was sending out a lot of spam.

We since changed the password details to the offending email address on our domain and the hosting company are now sending out the mails.

So, nothing at all wrong with Quform but the hosting company blocking mails.

Rgds

Ally
    Support Staff

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy