Edit Entry mode doesn't display validation errors on ['save'/submit]

Home Forums Quform WordPress Edit Entry mode doesn't display validation errors on ['save'/submit]

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    katw
    Participant

Hi Ally,

Are all the field validation rules actioned on SAVE in Edit Entry mode? (I hope so)

There is no user feedback or display of these error messages on ‘Save’.

It is possible to enter invalid data in a field and click save. The message says Entry Saved… which suggests all-ok.

Validation messages should be shown and the field should be circled as failed.

It is an issue for admin as they get no feedback and may not realise.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

katw
    Participant

Hi Ally, There’s a little confusion.

I am this time not talking about conditional fields. Just fields in Edit Entry mode and whether the field element validation (if set) is also applied in this environment.

My case:

I have a simple text field with element settings that check Digits, Length min 11 and length Max 11.

This is NOT a hidden field or conditionally shown field. So put that thought away. I know I have been on that topic for a while but not this time 😉

On SAVE no error message shows under the field to say “Too long”, “Too short” or “Just numbers please”.

So, I was wondering if the error message functions exist in Admin mode?

As I am seeing nothing, only an “Entry Saved” on click [save/submit]. Yet- the illegal value is (thankfully) not saved.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

katw
    Participant

I just lost my post on submit (login timeout). grrr

I have a TEXT ELEMENT field for a Business Number (ABN)

Filters: Digits (no whitespace), Trim
    Validators: Length Max 11|Min 11, Digits (no whitespace)

ON edit entry, I typed “No thanks” in field.

Hit save, message “Entry Saved”. No errors shown.

Exit to View Entry the field has not been changed (which is good as text not allowed).

So clearly there is a bug here. No validators or error messaging on [save/submit]

Ally
    Support Staff

katw
    Participant

OK you win 😉

In my head I had the digits validator still operating, therefore it would error message “no text”.

So if I want a message I have to take off the digits filter. I get it now.

Thanks. Close ticket

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy